moviemaker question - strip out audio?

Hi, new to movie maker and have a question and hopefully there is a
simple answer.

i've got an mpg i captured from a home video. I'd like to replace the
audio in a few spots, with audio from another spot in the same mpg.

is there a way in Windows MovieMaker to sort of strip out the audio in
one clip, or replace it? and how about capture or even extract the
audio from another clip and even save it as an audio file? can that be
done?

thanks for any replies
3 answers Last reply
More about moviemaker question strip audio

    What you need to do is select the audio part of the clip so it's
    highlighted. Go to the part of the clip that you want to COPY, at the 1st
    part of it, put the thing that you can drag (in the seconds part of the time
    line, blue vertical line) and press CTRL+L, or click split (in the preview
    area), then move to the end of the part you want to copy and split that
    part, then copy it (CTRL+C). Then move the vertical blue line to the place
    where you want to paste that clip and split it. Then paste the clip
    (CTRL+V). During all this make sure the audio stream is selected or else
    you'll split the video stream. Then you can trim the video to make it sync
    with the audio.
    As far as extracting audio from a video file, WMM2 can't do that (that I
    know of). I use Cool Edit Pro to do that.
    Let me know if this helps.
    W.D.
    "PeeVee_Hermann" <edwardapplejacksmith@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Hi, new to movie maker and have a question and hopefully there is a
    > simple answer.
    >
    > i've got an mpg i captured from a home video. I'd like to replace the
    > audio in a few spots, with audio from another spot in the same mpg.
    >
    > is there a way in Windows MovieMaker to sort of strip out the audio in
    > one clip, or replace it? and how about capture or even extract the
    > audio from another clip and even save it as an audio file? can that be
    > done?
    >
    > thanks for any replies

    On Mon, 9 May 2005 14:46:11 -0500, "W.D. Parker"
    <skydiverwd@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > What you need to do is select the audio part of the clip so it's
    >highlighted. Go to the part of the clip that you want to COPY, at the 1st
    >part of it, put the thing that you can drag (in the seconds part of the time
    >line, blue vertical line) and press CTRL+L, or click split (in the preview
    >area), then move to the end of the part you want to copy and split that
    >part, then copy it (CTRL+C). Then move the vertical blue line to the place
    >where you want to paste that clip and split it. Then paste the clip
    >(CTRL+V). During all this make sure the audio stream is selected or else
    >you'll split the video stream. Then you can trim the video to make it sync
    >with the audio.
    > As far as extracting audio from a video file, WMM2 can't do that (that I
    >know of). I use Cool Edit Pro to do that.
    >Let me know if this helps.

    thanks

    i wonder, after i copy the audio, i could open an audio editor, create
    new file and paste it..... then save as wav or something.... you ever
    tried that?

    I've never tried that.

    > On Mon, 9 May 2005 14:46:11 -0500, "W.D. Parker"
    > <skydiverwd@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> What you need to do is select the audio part of the clip so it's
    >>highlighted. Go to the part of the clip that you want to COPY, at the 1st
    >>part of it, put the thing that you can drag (in the seconds part of the
    >>time
    >>line, blue vertical line) and press CTRL+L, or click split (in the preview
    >>area), then move to the end of the part you want to copy and split that
    >>part, then copy it (CTRL+C). Then move the vertical blue line to the
    >>place
    >>where you want to paste that clip and split it. Then paste the clip
    >>(CTRL+V). During all this make sure the audio stream is selected or else
    >>you'll split the video stream. Then you can trim the video to make it
    >>sync
    >>with the audio.
    >> As far as extracting audio from a video file, WMM2 can't do that (that
    >>know of). I use Cool Edit Pro to do that.
    >>Let me know if this helps.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > i wonder, after i copy the audio, i could open an audio editor, create
    > new file and paste it..... then save as wav or something.... you ever
    > tried that?

Video Audio Movie Maker Windows XP