iPAQ 2210 BIOS update required?

May 18, 2004 1:28:50 AM

Hi,

I bought an iPAQ three weeks ago details as follows: -

Product Revision Level: B01
ROM Date: 03/01/04
ROM Revision: 1.10.07 ENG
OS Version: Windows CE 4.20
Bootstrap Version: 0.39
Bootloader Version: 1.11

However, HP released a new BIOS (1.10) update on 30 Apr 04 (A week after I
purchased my iPAQ). My question is how do I know whether I have the latest
version or not? The version numbers appear to be simliar but the dates are
completely different. Can anybody help me please?

tia

Glenn

---
May 18, 2004 1:28:51 AM

You appear to have the latest release already. I installed the ROM update
when it was initially released. The revision level I have is A01; Bootstrap
Version is 0.36; Bootloader Version is 1.08. All other information is the
same. HP re-released the update after fixing problems with the SDIO driver.

"Fajita_Eater" <glenns.spambox@tesco.net> wrote in message
news:o 9aqc.173$LH3.18@newsfe1-win...
> Hi,
>
> I bought an iPAQ three weeks ago details as follows: -
>
> Product Revision Level: B01
> ROM Date: 03/01/04
> ROM Revision: 1.10.07 ENG
> OS Version: Windows CE 4.20
> Bootstrap Version: 0.39
> Bootloader Version: 1.11
>
> However, HP released a new BIOS (1.10) update on 30 Apr 04 (A week after I
> purchased my iPAQ). My question is how do I know whether I have the latest
> version or not? The version numbers appear to be simliar but the dates are
> completely different. Can anybody help me please?
>
> tia
>
> Glenn
>

> ---

May 18, 2004 11:31:08 AM

"TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote:

>You appear to have the latest release already. I installed the ROM update
>when it was initially released. The revision level I have is A01; Bootstrap
>Version is 0.36; Bootloader Version is 1.08. All other information is the
>same. HP re-released the update after fixing problems with the SDIO driver.

No. 1.10 still doesn't include the SDIO update. The only thing they
changed was the relase date and README file. See
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=... - so, if
you need the fix in the SDIO update, you need to install the RAM
patch. Reflashing with the 1.10 ROM won't do it.
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 18, 2004 11:37:32 AM

"Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices"
<spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote in message
news:D c0ka0lf7tk1roju4cb3am1f0atuqn9obe@4ax.com...

> No. 1.10 still doesn't include the SDIO update. The only thing they
> changed was the relase date and README file. See
> http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=... - so, if
> you need the fix in the SDIO update, you need to install the RAM
> patch. Reflashing with the 1.10 ROM won't do it.

Thanks for the clarification.
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 10:05:00 PM

Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing out
on improvements!

Glenn