d-link DWL-g650+ crashes windows at starting up

I have a dell laptop and a d-link wireless card and router. I have a problem
that when the d-link card (DWL G650+) is inserted in the machine windows
fails to start. When i take out the d-link card it starts up fine.
Sometimes it will start although its pretty rare when it does the d-link card
connects and the web can be accessed but after 5 mins it freezes the computer
and then i have to restart by turning off the power and then if i leave the
wireless card in it fails crahes windows on start up. I have tried d-link
support but nothing. The card seems to be working but before i do take it
back to try another one i'm wondering if anyone has had the same problem.
Have tried uninstallinig the software and re-installing it but thats hasn't
helped. My computer seems slower than normal since it has been installed
despite doing defrag and clean up on the hard drive...... waiting for it to
start up is like waiting for god......

Hope someone can help

Many thanks

Phil M
1 answer Last reply
More about link g650 crashes windows starting

    Actually Phil, it sounds like maybe you have an older driver. I would
    search the internet for a newer more up to date driver for the card. I
    think if you find a newer driver things will then work for you. The other
    issue you may want to check is that the card is on the Hardware
    Compatibility List. This list can be found on the Microsoft site, just
    search for HCL.

    *
    David Thompson [MSFT]
    Microsoft Server Setup Team

    Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
    Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
    See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

    NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
    others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
    more timely response. Thank you!

    This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
    implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
    merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
    The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
    not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of
    Microsoft.
    **

Wireless D-Link Wireless Networking