burning DVD

May 9, 2005 6:46:04 PM

I downloaded video from my SONY camera to Windows Movie Maker. When my
production was all edited with titles, audio, etc I sent it back to my camera
to copy on to a video tape. Before I transferred it back to my camera I made
sure everything was turned off, ran disk clean up and defragged. I have a
brand new fire wire. The tape still glitches once it in in the camera (NOT in
the computer).
I decided to burn it to a DVD instead. Movie Make doesn't give me that
option (the choice is to save to computer, CD, camera, web, or email. I saved
it as a movie to my computer and then went to Windows media play to burn it
to DVD. There is no option there either.

I can't watch my movie on the VCR because of the glitches, and I can't
figure out how to burn it to DVD. Can someone help?
--
diverwoman

More about : burning dvd

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 9:08:13 PM

What I do is save the movie to computer as DV-AVI file, then I use the
program Sonic MYDVD and import that avi file and make a DVD.
W.D.
"diverwoman" <diverwoman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded video from my SONY camera to Windows Movie Maker. When my
> production was all edited with titles, audio, etc I sent it back to my
> camera
> to copy on to a video tape. Before I transferred it back to my camera I
> made
> sure everything was turned off, ran disk clean up and defragged. I have a
> brand new fire wire. The tape still glitches once it in in the camera (NOT
> in
> the computer).
> I decided to burn it to a DVD instead. Movie Make doesn't give me that
> option (the choice is to save to computer, CD, camera, web, or email. I
> saved
> it as a movie to my computer and then went to Windows media play to burn
> it
> to DVD. There is no option there either.
>
> I can't watch my movie on the VCR because of the glitches, and I can't
> figure out how to burn it to DVD. Can someone help?
> --
> diverwoman
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 7:59:02 PM

You need a software program that will burns DVD's. Examples are Sonic
My DVD, Roxio Easy Media Creator, Nero. There are more.

Ken

diverwoman wrote:

> I downloaded video from my SONY camera to Windows Movie Maker. When my
> production was all edited with titles, audio, etc I sent it back to my camera
> to copy on to a video tape. Before I transferred it back to my camera I made
> sure everything was turned off, ran disk clean up and defragged. I have a
> brand new fire wire. The tape still glitches once it in in the camera (NOT in
> the computer).
> I decided to burn it to a DVD instead. Movie Make doesn't give me that
> option (the choice is to save to computer, CD, camera, web, or email. I saved
> it as a movie to my computer and then went to Windows media play to burn it
> to DVD. There is no option there either.
>
> I can't watch my movie on the VCR because of the glitches, and I can't
> figure out how to burn it to DVD. Can someone help?
May 10, 2005 7:59:03 PM

I have Roxio Easy Media Creator. It doesn't find the movie...DVD builder only
opens files of type DMSD or DMSM.

It sounds like I need to save it again as a DV-AVI file first? I just tried
to do that. Movie Maker will only save the project as mswmm.

I tried to save movie to the computer but the file type comes up wmv

How do I change it to DV-AVI file?
--
diverwoman

"Kenneth J. Harris" wrote:

> You need a software program that will burns DVD's. Examples are Sonic
> My DVD, Roxio Easy Media Creator, Nero. There are more.
>
> Ken
>
> diverwoman wrote:
>
> > I downloaded video from my SONY camera to Windows Movie Maker. When my
> > production was all edited with titles, audio, etc I sent it back to my camera
> > to copy on to a video tape. Before I transferred it back to my camera I made
> > sure everything was turned off, ran disk clean up and defragged. I have a
> > brand new fire wire. The tape still glitches once it in in the camera (NOT in
> > the computer).
> > I decided to burn it to a DVD instead. Movie Make doesn't give me that
> > option (the choice is to save to computer, CD, camera, web, or email. I saved
> > it as a movie to my computer and then went to Windows media play to burn it
> > to DVD. There is no option there either.
> >
> > I can't watch my movie on the VCR because of the glitches, and I can't
> > figure out how to burn it to DVD. Can someone help?

May 11, 2005 3:04:41 AM

To save as movie, use menu File -> "Save MOVIE As"
or press key Ctrl-P
or use the "Save to my computer" under "Finish Movie" step on the left
hand task bar.

In the Save Movie wizard, first screen allows you to select a name for
the saved movie and the next screen is "Movie Settings". Click on "Show
more options..." and you will have all the different options to select.
Select DV AVI from the drop down box and complete the remaining steps.

--
Rehan
MS MVP -- Digital Media

>I have Roxio Easy Media Creator. It doesn't find the movie...DVD builder
>only
> opens files of type DMSD or DMSM.
>
> It sounds like I need to save it again as a DV-AVI file first? I just
> tried
> to do that. Movie Maker will only save the project as mswmm.
>
> I tried to save movie to the computer but the file type comes up wmv
>
> How do I change it to DV-AVI file?
> --
> diverwoman
>

> "Kenneth J. Harris" wrote:
>
>> You need a software program that will burns DVD's. Examples are Sonic
>> My DVD, Roxio Easy Media Creator, Nero. There are more.
>>
>> Ken
>>
>> diverwoman wrote:
>>
>> > I downloaded video from my SONY camera to Windows Movie Maker. When my
>> > production was all edited with titles, audio, etc I sent it back to my
>> > camera
>> > to copy on to a video tape. Before I transferred it back to my camera I
>> > made
>> > sure everything was turned off, ran disk clean up and defragged. I have
>> > brand new fire wire. The tape still glitches once it in in the camera
>> > (NOT in
>> > the computer).
>> > I decided to burn it to a DVD instead. Movie Make doesn't give me that
>> > option (the choice is to save to computer, CD, camera, web, or email. I
>> > saved
>> > it as a movie to my computer and then went to Windows media play to
>> > burn it
>> > to DVD. There is no option there either.
>> >
>> > I can't watch my movie on the VCR because of the glitches, and I can't
>> > figure out how to burn it to DVD. Can someone help?

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 7:50:01 AM

thank you!
--