Jenny

I just bought a Gateway 825GM and am trying to hook up the VCR to copy home
movies to DVD. I FINALLY got something, one frozen image and that's it. I
have an AverMedia MPEG Video Capture card. I've tried hooking it up anyway I
could think of. Could this be a software problem with Windows MovieMaker or
a connection problem? I'm using a coaxial cable to connect the 2, changed the
settings from cable to TV antenna, still nothing! Gateway is of NO help
whatsoever.

Use the software that came with the AverMedia card rather than MovieMaker.
MovieMaker doesn't like analog video very much.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Jenny" <Jenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a Gateway 825GM and am trying to hook up the VCR to copy home
> movies to DVD. I FINALLY got something, one frozen image and that's it.
> have an AverMedia MPEG Video Capture card. I've tried hooking it up anyway
> could think of. Could this be a software problem with Windows MovieMaker
> or
> a connection problem? I'm using a coaxial cable to connect the 2, changed
> the
> settings from cable to TV antenna, still nothing! Gateway is of NO help
> whatsoever.

Jenny, in addition, I did notice that you said "home movies" so this may not
apply but if you are attempting to copy commercial video tapes, some are
copy protected and this is the result you can expect. Also, WMM does not
seem to like MPEG files too much. I agree with Cari in using the software
that came with your capture device to create an AVI file for import into
WMM.

Cari, I use an ATI All-In-Wonder board and WMM regularly to capture analog
video with absolutely no problems. (I also use Roxio Video Wave and Serif
Movie Plus 4 with the same video capture card.)