Windows Crashes after 30 seconds of capture

I recently got some upgrades for my computer, and since then, I have been
unable to capture video from my Sony MiniDV camcorder. I have the right
specifications for running Movie Maker 2.1 (which is what I have). I am
also having the same problems now with Adobe Premiere Pro 1.0.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows crashes seconds capture

    Hi Johnathan,

    To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver
    verifier.
    Steps:
    1) Windows Key + R
    2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
    3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
    4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
    5) Reboot

    There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
    occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
    the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
    'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
    driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

    This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
    will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
    the blue screen will hopefully say something like
    "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
    corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ) my way.
    If you have any questions or I didn't explain something well enough don't
    hesitate to e-mail me (remove "online") back. Good Luck,

    Joshua Smith
    OpenGL Test Lab
    Microsoft
    -----

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

    "Jonathan Broder via WindowsKB.com" <forum@nospam.WindowsKB.com> wrote in
    message news:1c806dd14a864daf8de439bce7159233@WindowsKB.com...
    >I recently got some upgrades for my computer, and since then, I have been
    > unable to capture video from my Sony MiniDV camcorder. I have the right
    > specifications for running Movie Maker 2.1 (which is what I have). I am
    > also having the same problems now with Adobe Premiere Pro 1.0.

    Other than windows crashing after 30 seconds, what are the problems you are
    having, error messages you see etc.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Jonathan Broder via WindowsKB.com" <forum@nospam.WindowsKB.com> wrote in
    message news:1c806dd14a864daf8de439bce7159233@WindowsKB.com...
    >I recently got some upgrades for my computer, and since then, I have been
    > unable to capture video from my Sony MiniDV camcorder. I have the right
    > specifications for running Movie Maker 2.1 (which is what I have). I am
    > also having the same problems now with Adobe Premiere Pro 1.0.

Video Windows XP