Using AOL - AARGH!! - Was wondering about DVD minimum burn..

I run a 733-p3 with 384mb memory and 7200rpm HD Seagate. The box says P3-933
with 128mb memory (256 rec) and 5400rpm HD. Should I be able to slide by with
my config? My TV-card said a p3-450 could capture at MPEG2 rates at 640x480,
and just learned how to do it - change my screen resolution to 640x480 @ 60hz
which is NTSC standard so the p3 processor would not have to display the output
at 1024x768 and also encode at 640x480 at the same time - maybe a p4 could do
it, but I finally learned how - without benefit of a booklet instructing me.
So I was wondering if the burners are about the same type of thing - they come
out when the p3 was King and now they just add thoughts as to what is needed
becaus people have newer machines, or can I learn how to use that box on my
machine if I piddle with it? It is extremely cheap - $49.95 after rebate.

Any thought?
2 answers Last reply
More about using aargh wondering minimum burn

    "EFFIESaint" <effiesaint@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I run a 733-p3 with 384mb memory and 7200rpm HD Seagate. The box says
    P3-933
    > with 128mb memory (256 rec) and 5400rpm HD. Should I be able to slide by
    with
    > my config? My TV-card said a p3-450 could capture at MPEG2 rates at
    640x480,
    > and just learned how to do it - change my screen resolution to 640x480 @
    60hz
    > which is NTSC standard so the p3 processor would not have to display the
    output
    > at 1024x768 and also encode at 640x480 at the same time - maybe a p4 could
    do
    > it, but I finally learned how - without benefit of a booklet instructing
    me.
    > So I was wondering if the burners are about the same type of thing - they
    come
    > out when the p3 was King and now they just add thoughts as to what is
    needed
    > becaus people have newer machines, or can I learn how to use that box on
    my
    > machine if I piddle with it? It is extremely cheap - $49.95 after rebate.
    >
    > Any thought?

    I'm having a little trouble parsing your post but a software encoder is
    unlikely to reliably encode MPEG-2 on a p3-733 at 640x480.

    I know AOL messages may seem strange. It is because AOL by default runs
    newsgroups in a way that if one wants a text message - one gets a text meassage
    - in other words a thread.

    What I meant is this

    I have an older machine called a P3. My first machine was a Timex/Sinclair
    1000.
    That means nothing - except the Timex Sinclair could output to the tv.

    I just know that heavans is not against an aol subscriber I would like to know

Tuner Cards Graphics