Windows Movie Maker 2 saving ?

Hi all...

Hopefully I can get some input on what I might be doing wrong. I have
Windows Movie Maker on my XP computer. I recently tried to put
together a music videos with some imported clips from my friends.
Everytime I try to save the file the time remaining that shows up in
minutes continually goes up instead of decreasing. I end of
cancelling the whole program because it will go on like that for 30
minutes or more. The length of the song that I am using is about 3
mins 25 secs...so not sure what is going on.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

bluetigers77@juno.com (tova77f) wrote:

>Hi all...
>
>Hopefully I can get some input on what I might be doing wrong. I have
>Windows Movie Maker on my XP computer. I recently tried to put
>together a music videos with some imported clips from my friends.
>Everytime I try to save the file the time remaining that shows up in
>minutes continually goes up instead of decreasing. I end of
>cancelling the whole program because it will go on like that for 30
>minutes or more. The length of the song that I am using is about 3
>mins 25 secs...so not sure what is going on.
>
>Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Rendering a video does take time and depends on things such as the
speed of your computer, the number of transitions, etc.
Looks like Windows Movie Maker is taking a guess at how long it will
take and finding that it will take longer.
It's possible that it will take 30 minutes to render a short video as
some video editors are slow at rendering video.

Regards Brian

On 1 Jun 2004 19:41:35 -0700, bluetigers77@juno.com (tova77f) wrote:

>Hopefully I can get some input on what I might be doing wrong. I have
>Windows Movie Maker on my XP computer. I recently tried to put
>together a music videos with some imported clips from my friends.
>Everytime I try to save the file the time remaining that shows up in
>minutes continually goes up instead of decreasing. I end of
>cancelling the whole program because it will go on like that for 30
>minutes or more. The length of the song that I am using is about 3
>mins 25 secs...so not sure what is going on.
>
>Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Rendering can take a LONG time. It's normal for the estimated time to
behave as you describe. Leave it at it and go to bed.

Rich

"tova77f" <bluetigers77@juno.com> wrote in message
> Hi all...
>
> Hopefully I can get some input on what I might be doing wrong. I have
> Windows Movie Maker on my XP computer. I recently tried to put
> together a music videos with some imported clips from my friends.
> Everytime I try to save the file the time remaining that shows up in
> minutes continually goes up instead of decreasing. I end of
> cancelling the whole program because it will go on like that for 30
> minutes or more. The length of the song that I am using is about 3
> mins 25 secs...so not sure what is going on.
>
> Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Brian is correct and I would like to add I usually recommend people make a
quick simple 30 second clip with perhaps a title, ending and one or two
transitions/effects just to make sure their system is even working.

Rich

Hi all...thanks for those that responded. I tried several things, but
still couldn't save with videos. I instead opted for picture stills
from the videos and it saved just fine. Oh well, things came out just
fine. I think my PC is only a few years old, but maybe it just can't
handle the videos.