Missing Driver Database

A driver cleaner program removed all of the windows xp preinstalled display
adapters even the standard VGA one.

Are there files on the XP install CD that I can extract to restore the
driver database?

XP SP2

Thanks,
Shane
2 answers Last reply
More about missing driver database

    A Repair Installation would probably be a much better idea.
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "Shane" <cadmanfry@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >A driver cleaner program removed all of the windows xp preinstalled display
    >adapters even the standard VGA one.
    >
    > Are there files on the XP install CD that I can extract to restore the
    > driver database?
    >
    > XP SP2
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Shane

    I did not see a repair installation option when I inserted the install CD.

    The install CD is SP1 and my system has SP2 on it. Does this make a
    difference?

    How do I start the Repair Installation?

    Thanks,

    Shane

    >A Repair Installation would probably be a much better idea.
    > --
    > Cari
    > (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

Video Windows XP Database