Missing Driver Database

May 11, 2005 10:57:53 AM

A driver cleaner program removed all of the windows xp preinstalled display
adapters even the standard VGA one.

Are there files on the XP install CD that I can extract to restore the
driver database?

XP SP2

Thanks,
Shane
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 10:57:54 AM

A Repair Installation would probably be a much better idea.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Shane" <cadmanfry@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>A driver cleaner program removed all of the windows xp preinstalled display
>adapters even the standard VGA one.
>
> Are there files on the XP install CD that I can extract to restore the
> driver database?
>
> XP SP2
>
> Thanks,
> Shane

May 11, 2005 6:21:15 PM

I did not see a repair installation option when I inserted the install CD.

The install CD is SP1 and my system has SP2 on it. Does this make a
difference?

How do I start the Repair Installation?

Thanks,

Shane