auto switching from LAN to Wifi connection

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
September 22, 2004 12:37:03 PM

My laptop has a direct connection to our LAN, but also a wifi card. There is
a business close by with a wifi connection, but you must have a password and
logon id to access. From time to time, I'll lose the network connection and
it will automatically try to access the wifi connection. I try to disable
that connection but the "disable" button isn't offered as a choice.

Do I need to completely remove the association to the wifi connection from
my laptop to keep this from happening?
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 5:39:18 PM

If you are using Windows XP, you should be able to open up network
connections, right click on the wireless connection, and select disable.
Are you by chance using an IBM Thinkpad along with IBM Access Connections?
If so, you should be able to tell it to use wired over wireless as the
preferred connection. When you are wired, it will disable the wireless
device.

Jeff

!