I need a proram to design custom menu for dvd

I need a proram to design custom menu for dvd. I want to be able to
design my own motion and selection at the begining. Are there any
programs that are windows xp compatible and well sort of have user
interface not some sort of code and stuff. Does anyone have any idea
on existing programs that will allow me to do this.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about proram design custom menu

    "Darmin" <memisevic@attbi.com> wrote in message
    > I need a proram to design custom menu for dvd. I want to be able to
    > design my own motion and selection at the begining. Are there any
    > programs that are windows xp compatible and well sort of have user
    > interface not some sort of code and stuff. Does anyone have any idea
    > on existing programs that will allow me to do this.
    >

    > Thanks

    Any good Authoring program will let you make your own
    menus. In TMPGEnc DVD Author, if you want to change
    something, just right click on it. You can replace the
    background and/or thumbnail motion clip(s) with one of your
    own, just by opening it from the right click menu. Then set
    your options in "Menu Display Settings".

    One trick I use is to select a text format (no thumbnails)
    for a new menu. Then make a "background" image that
    includes my selection items/buttons. I can then just use
    nonprinting characters in large font sizes to create a
    selection area and place it over the items/buttons in my
    background image. You can also add a period at one
    end so that it will light-up when you "mouse over" the
    selection area.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Darmin wrote:

    > I need a proram to design custom menu for dvd. I want to be
    > able to design my own motion and selection at the begining.
    > Are there any programs that are windows xp compatible and
    > well sort of have user interface not some sort of code and
    > stuff. Does anyone have any idea on existing programs that
    > will allow me to do this.

    Ulead DVD Workshop might help if basic customization will do:
    <http://www.ulead.com/dws/runme.htm>

    DVD-Lab if you need more control:
    <http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/>

    --