DVD burning

I'm trying to burn analog home video to DVD. I've captured and created a
video in Windows Movie Maker. I've saveed it as the WMF and AVI and when I
use my Neuro Express software, I can't find the DV Avi file. I can burn the
WMF onto DVD and play it back on my computer with media player, but I want to
be able to burn it onto a DVD and play it back on most DVD players. I'm using
a DVD RAM drive to do my burning. Can anyone help?
--
jensteff
5 answers Last reply

    Only certain Panasonic DVD players can play RAM disks. You need to burn
    either a -R or +R DVD for best results.

    You can see which your standalone player supports by looking it up at
    www.videohelp.com
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    jensteff wrote:
    > I'm trying to burn analog home video to DVD. I've captured and created a
    > video in Windows Movie Maker. I've saveed it as the WMF and AVI and when I
    > use my Neuro Express software, I can't find the DV Avi file. I can burn the
    > WMF onto DVD and play it back on my computer with media player, but I want to
    > be able to burn it onto a DVD and play it back on most DVD players. I'm using
    > a DVD RAM drive to do my burning. Can anyone help?

    Also note that you need to make "DVD Video" using Nero Vision Express.
    "Nero Express" is different from "Nero Vision Express". The latter is
    the DVD Authoring software in Nero' suite.

    The "Nero Express" is just a dialog based application for burning data
    CD/DVDs or pre-authored Video DVDs.

    See these tutorials for more info:
    http://ww2.nero.com/enu/631956523192996.html

    --
    Rehan
    MS MVP (Digital Media)

    okay, thank you all for your help. I'm going to go to the Neuro sight and see
    if I can download the Neuro Vision Express for free??? I mentioned that I'm
    using a DVD Ram drive to do the burning, but I am burning to DVD-R. Is this
    okay? And what about the speed. I just kept it at burning at the maximum
    speed. Thank you again. I'll be back with more questions if this doesn't work.
    --
    jensteff

    "Rehan" wrote:

    > jensteff wrote:
    > > I'm trying to burn analog home video to DVD. I've captured and created a
    > > video in Windows Movie Maker. I've saveed it as the WMF and AVI and when I
    > > use my Neuro Express software, I can't find the DV Avi file. I can burn the
    > > WMF onto DVD and play it back on my computer with media player, but I want to
    > > be able to burn it onto a DVD and play it back on most DVD players. I'm using
    > > a DVD RAM drive to do my burning. Can anyone help?
    >
    > Also note that you need to make "DVD Video" using Nero Vision Express.
    > "Nero Express" is different from "Nero Vision Express". The latter is
    > the DVD Authoring software in Nero' suite.
    >
    > The "Nero Express" is just a dialog based application for burning data
    > CD/DVDs or pre-authored Video DVDs.
    >
    > See these tutorials for more info:
    > http://ww2.nero.com/enu/631956523192996.html
    >
    > --
    > Rehan
    > MS MVP (Digital Media)
    > www.rehanfx.org -- get effects & transitions for MM2

    > but I am burning to DVD-R. Is this
    > okay? And what about the speed. I just kept it at burning at the maximum

    DVD media format such as RAM, -R, +R etc only matters for your dvd player,
    if it can handle that particular format then you are ok.

    Burning speed is less of an issue these days. Most players can handle all
    speeds. But you have to to experiment.

    For more info and user comments about your dvd player see the
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

    --
    Rehan
    MS MVP -- Digital Media

    > okay, thank you all for your help. I'm going to go to the Neuro sight and
    > see
    > if I can download the Neuro Vision Express for free??? I mentioned that
    > I'm
    > using a DVD Ram drive to do the burning, but I am burning to DVD-R. Is
    > this
    > okay? And what about the speed. I just kept it at burning at the maximum
    > speed. Thank you again. I'll be back with more questions if this doesn't
    > work.
    > --
    > jensteff
    >

    > "Rehan" wrote:
    >
    >> jensteff wrote:
    >> > I'm trying to burn analog home video to DVD. I've captured and created
    >> > video in Windows Movie Maker. I've saveed it as the WMF and AVI and
    >> > when I
    >> > use my Neuro Express software, I can't find the DV Avi file. I can burn
    >> > the
    >> > WMF onto DVD and play it back on my computer with media player, but I
    >> > want to
    >> > be able to burn it onto a DVD and play it back on most DVD players. I'm
    >> > using
    >> > a DVD RAM drive to do my burning. Can anyone help?
    >>
    >> Also note that you need to make "DVD Video" using Nero Vision Express.
    >> "Nero Express" is different from "Nero Vision Express". The latter is
    >> the DVD Authoring software in Nero' suite.
    >>
    >> The "Nero Express" is just a dialog based application for burning data
    >> CD/DVDs or pre-authored Video DVDs.
    >>
    >> See these tutorials for more info:
    >> http://ww2.nero.com/enu/631956523192996.html
    >>
    >> --