Sony DCRDVD92 questions

How can I copy video files from my sony dcrdvd92 disks to my hard drive and
then burn onto a dvd? Apparently firewire and usb cable are not an option
for this model. I've had mixed results using a copy and paste method.
Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about sony dcrdvd92 questions

    What type of video files are they? .VOB, .avi, mpeg? I don't know what
    DCRDVD92 disks are.
    W.D.
    "BillG" <BillG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I copy video files from my sony dcrdvd92 disks to my hard drive
    > and
    > then burn onto a dvd? Apparently firewire and usb cable are not an option
    > for this model. I've had mixed results using a copy and paste method.
    > Thanks.

    I hope I'm getting this right as I'm a nebie at this...these are IFO, VRO,
    and BUP files (DVD-RW disks).
    BillG

    "W.D. Parker" wrote:

    > What type of video files are they? .VOB, .avi, mpeg? I don't know what
    > DCRDVD92 disks are.
    > W.D.
    > "BillG" <BillG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How can I copy video files from my sony dcrdvd92 disks to my hard drive
    > > and
    > > then burn onto a dvd? Apparently firewire and usb cable are not an option
    > > for this model. I've had mixed results using a copy and paste method.
    > > Thanks.

    You can't play DVD+/-RW disks in a dvd player I don't think. Only DVD+/-R
    disks. They can't be rewritable. I'm not sure what kind of files those
    are, but if their DVD files, you'll need to make a folder "Video_TS" and
    move them in there, then write that folder on a DVD and it sould be playble
    on a DVD player.
    >I hope I'm getting this right as I'm a nebie at this...these are IFO, VRO,
    > and BUP files (DVD-RW disks).
    > BillG
    >
    > "W.D. Parker" wrote:
    >
    >> What type of video files are they? .VOB, .avi, mpeg? I don't know what
    >> DCRDVD92 disks are.
    >> W.D.
    >> "BillG" <BillG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > How can I copy video files from my sony dcrdvd92 disks to my hard drive
    >> > and
    >> > then burn onto a dvd? Apparently firewire and usb cable are not an
    >> > option
    >> > for this model. I've had mixed results using a copy and paste method.
    >> > Thanks.

    try copying the contents of the disc to your hardrive then using either
    'Nero' or windows moviemaker you can burn to DVD/CD

    "BillG" wrote:

    > I hope I'm getting this right as I'm a nebie at this...these are IFO, VRO,
    > and BUP files (DVD-RW disks).
    > BillG
    >
    > "W.D. Parker" wrote:
    >
    > > What type of video files are they? .VOB, .avi, mpeg? I don't know what
    > > DCRDVD92 disks are.
    > > W.D.
    > > "BillG" <BillG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > How can I copy video files from my sony dcrdvd92 disks to my hard drive
    > > > and
    > > > then burn onto a dvd? Apparently firewire and usb cable are not an option
    > > > for this model. I've had mixed results using a copy and paste method.
    > > > Thanks.

Video Sony Windows XP