Can Capture Video But No Audio

I am using XP and Movie Maker and can capture the video from my Sony
DCR-TRV310 via Firewire without problems. The issue is that I cannot get any
audio. According to the Movie Maker help files, I should have an audio
configuration window as one of the steps in the video capture wizard, but I
never get that step. Any ideas?

Thanks.

When using firewire you should get audio and video automatically, not
needing to use an audio configuration window. Audio is not previewed on
capture, but should be present on playback of the file in either WMP or MM.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"stonetech" <stonetech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using XP and Movie Maker and can capture the video from my Sony
> DCR-TRV310 via Firewire without problems. The issue is that I cannot get
> any
> audio. According to the Movie Maker help files, I should have an audio
> configuration window as one of the steps in the video capture wizard, but
> never get that step. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

I'm also struggling. I have a Samsung DV and cannot get audio when using
movie maker. The file extensions are .wmv If I use the software that came
with the camera then audio is fine. The issue with that is the file extension
is .asf and this is not editable! Any ideas?

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> When using firewire you should get audio and video automatically, not
> needing to use an audio configuration window. Audio is not previewed on
> capture, but should be present on playback of the file in either WMP or MM.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "stonetech" <stonetech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using XP and Movie Maker and can capture the video from my Sony
> > DCR-TRV310 via Firewire without problems. The issue is that I cannot get
> > any
> > audio. According to the Movie Maker help files, I should have an audio
> > configuration window as one of the steps in the video capture wizard, but
> > never get that step. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks.

Martyn,
How are you connecting the cam and the pc?
Which model cam is it?
Have you tried capturing as a dv-avi file? The result?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media