CS:S srcds and bots

Hi

Anyone knows how to setup bots on a srcds thing runnning CS:S?
The bots should like flood the place and kick themself in the butt when/if
real players joins in

Any takers?

Thanks/Peter

--
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me
spread!

    I don't know how to activate them on a dedicated server, only a
    standard server. It makes me think of the whole AGHL vrs Trolls or
    Bears idea again. I'd be very interested in someone figuring out how to
    impliment that.
    For those who don't know what that means, it's the idea that AGHL
    members all play on the same side and we put all the bots on the other
    side and play against them. We can vary the difficulty of the bots
    depending on how much of a challenge we want starting with easy and
    moving up to normal.

    In addition there is also the 'theme' of the bots, ie their names. So
    give me your ideas now. Here are mine

    Trolls
    --------
    Give the bots names of the more renowned trolls that have visited this
    group in the past so we can take the pleasure in blowing their heads
    off. Cory Dunkle, Toxicity perhaps?

    Bears
    -------
    Might be a bit scarey this one but we could name them after the various
    sub species of bear in the world, brown, black, polar etc.

    Missing Regulars
    --------------------------
    Fight the regulars who have been gone for some time now. Iphi, Nilz.
    Just an idea.

    Thats it for now.

    > Might be a bit scarey this one but we could name them after the various
    sub species of bear in the world, brown, black, polar etc.

    Geez, i had to go and watch some cartoons after reading that. My pants
    are in the wash. :P

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:18:23 +0200, "Peter [AGHL]"
    <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Anyone knows how to setup bots on a srcds thing runnning CS:S?
    >The bots should like flood the place and kick themself in the butt when/if
    >real players joins in
    >
    >Any takers?
    >
    >Thanks/Peter

    for listen server, the config is in the counterstrike source\cstrike
    folder & named serverconfig.vdf. open it in notepad for the commands.

    dr ratt

    ps. matt damon

    the man who crosses me and leaves me alive.
    he understands nothing about tuco.
    nothing.

    "doctor.ratt" wrote

    > for listen server, the config is in the counterstrike source\cstrike
    > folder & named serverconfig.vdf. open it in notepad for the commands.

    Thanks I'll take a peek

    > ps. matt damon

    Team America: World Police

    - Peter

    "Scott Robson" wrote

    >I don't know how to activate them on a dedicated server, only a
    > standard server. It makes me think of the whole AGHL vrs Trolls or
    > Bears idea again. I'd be very interested in someone figuring out how to
    > impliment that.

    Hehe, crazy sob
    http://idestal.truz-net.se/other/zombie/

    I will give it a try
    Expect a receipt on my site for future use

    - Peter

    "Scott Robson" <geordiekid@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I don't know how to activate them on a dedicated server, only a
    > standard server. It makes me think of the whole AGHL vrs Trolls or
    > *Fluffy things* idea again. I'd be very interested in someone figuring out
    > how to
    > impliment that.
    > For those who don't know what that means, it's the idea that AGHL
    > members all play on the same side and we put all the bots on the other
    > side and play against them. We can vary the difficulty of the bots
    > depending on how much of a challenge we want starting with easy and
    > moving up to normal.
    >
    > In addition there is also the 'theme' of the bots, ie their names. So
    > give me your ideas now. Here are mine
    >
    > Trolls
    > --------
    > Give the bots names of the more renowned trolls that have visited this
    > group in the past so we can take the pleasure in blowing their heads
    > off. Cory Dunkle, Toxicity perhaps?
    >
    > *Fluffy things*
    > -------
    > Might be a bit scarey this one but we could name them after the various
    > sub species of *Fluffy things* in the world, brown, black, polar etc.
    >
    > Missing Regulars
    > --------------------------
    > Fight the regulars who have been gone for some time now. Iphi, Nilz.
    > Just an idea.
    >
    > Thats it for now.

    That sounds great fun. This could even kick-start my online gaming again.
    Wouldn't we be way outnumbered by trolls though?

    One point - if you are going to talk about *Fluffy things* please give a
    warning in the header. You have already put more stains than normal in
    jimbobs underkegs. Ta

    Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

    > List of names?
    >
    > I need to mess around with botprofile.db and botchatter.db

    Yeah, there is a way to do this. I just don't know how.

    --
    "Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

    www.stri.tk - site and blog

    "Scott Robson" wrote

    > I'd be very interested in someone figuring out how to impliment that
    ..
    > Trolls
    > Bears

    Wav files for radio chatter?
    Any takers?

    - Peter

    Peter [AGHL] wrote:

    >>Trolls
    >>--------
    >>Give the bots names of the more renowned trolls that have visited this
    >>group in the past so we can take the pleasure in blowing their heads
    >>off. Cory Dunkle, Toxicity perhaps?
    >

    > List of names?

    WaRgAsMo
    Imran
    B!LLYNOSE
    difool

    how many AGHLers are quaking in their boots at those names? ;-)

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    "Strider" wrote
    > Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...
    >
    >> List of names?
    >>
    > Yeah, there is a way to do this. I just don't know how.

    No I meant I need a list of the names to use :)

    - Peter

    Peter [AGHL] wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone knows how to setup bots on a srcds thing runnning CS:S?
    > The bots should like flood the place and kick themself in the butt when/if
    > real players joins in
    >
    > Any takers?
    >
    > Thanks/Peter

    We run bots on our server.
    Talking to teh server guy who set it up, bots are all included with
    SRCDS and it all comes down to having the right config files.

    Usually server has 3 on 3 bots and will kick or join bots at anytime to
    keep sides even.

    Best Bot configuration.
    25 bots versus humans. Bots only have Knives though. :-)
    Think Aliens movie where humans are armed to the teeth, backed into a
    corner while hordes of rushing Terrorists, with knives flashing looking
    to gut everyone. :-)
    Good times... good times...

    --
    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

    "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone knows how to setup bots on a srcds thing runnning CS:S?
    > The bots should like flood the place and kick themself in the butt when/if real players joins in
    >
    > Any takers?
    >
    > Thanks/Peter

    Hi Peter,

    I've got the SRCDS thang running on an old P3 1000mhz laptop (with 384mb RAM) with bots running. I
    can run ten bots with no problems on this old machine - amazing really...

    Took me a while to get the info on how to set it up, but here's my config file, which lives in the
    folder %wherever this is%\HLServer\cstrike\cfg\server.cfg
    ***

    // server name
    hostname "Nick's Naughty Noobs"

    // rcon passsword
    rcon_password "saucyjack"

    // Advanced RCON
    sv_rcon_banpenalty 60
    sv_rcon_maxfailures 10
    sv_rcon_minfailures 5
    sv_rcon_minfailuretime 30

    // server cvars
    mp_friendlyfire 1
    mp_footsteps 1
    mp_autoteambalance 1
    mp_autokick 1
    mp_flashlight 1
    mp_tkpunish 1
    mp_forcecamera 0
    sv_alltalk 0
    sv_pausable 0
    sv_cheats 0
    sv_consistency 1
    sv_allowupload 1
    sv_allowdownload 1
    sv_maxspeed 320
    mp_limitteams 1
    mp_hostagepenalty 5
    sv_voiceenable 1
    mp_allowspectators 1
    mp_chattime 10
    sv_timeout 65

    // round specific cvars
    mp_timelimit 25
    mp_freezetime 6
    mp_roundtime 5
    mp_startmoney 800
    mp_c4timer 45
    mp_fraglimit 0
    mp_maxrounds 0
    mp_winlimit 0
    mp_playerid 0
    mp_spawnprotectiontime 5

    // bandwidth rates/settings
    maxplayers 16
    sv_minrate 0
    sv_maxrate 0
    decalfrequency 10
    sv_maxupdaterate 60
    sv_minupdaterate 10

    // server logging
    log on
    sv_logbans 1
    sv_logecho 0
    sv_logfile 1
    sv_log_onefile 0
    sv_logsdir nadlogs

    // bots
    bot_add
    bot_quota 8
    bot_quota_mode normal
    bot_difficulty 0
    bot_chatter radio
    bot_auto_follow 0
    bot_auto_vacate 1
    bot_join_after_player 0
    bot_defer_to_human 1
    bot_prefix "[bot]"
    bot_allow_rogues 1
    bot_walk 0
    bot_join_team any
    bot_eco_limit 2000
    bot_all_weapons
    bot_allow_grenades 1
    bot_allow_pistols 1
    bot_allow_sub_machine_guns 1
    bot_allow_shotguns 1
    bot_allow_rifles 1
    bot_allow_snipers 1
    bot_allow_machine_guns 1

    // operation
    sv_lan 0
    sv_region 3

    // execute ban files
    exec banned_user.cfg
    exec banned_ip.cfg

    Ben Cottrell wrote:
    > WaRgAsMo
    > Imran
    > B!LLYNOSE
    > difool
    >
    > how many AGHLers are quaking in their boots at those names? ;-)

    What about STEAMKILLER - can't leave him out. He was one of the only
    trolls that actually inspired me to add him to my killfile, at least
    Toxicity is actually funny as opposed to obsessive...

    Civilian_Target

    Civilian_Target wrote:

    >> difool

    > What about STEAMKILLER - can't leave him out. He was one of the only
    > trolls that actually inspired me to add him to my killfile, at least
    > Toxicity is actually funny as opposed to obsessive...

    Obviously you've not been alert when on Troll watch duty ;) difool has
    had several other names too, but it's all the same chump.

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone knows how to setup bots on a srcds thing runnning CS:S?
    > The bots should like flood the place and kick themself in the butt when/if real players joins in
    >
    > Any takers?
    >
    > Thanks/Peter

    Found it!

    http://www.cstrike-planet.com/cfgmaker?cfg=srcds

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:10:48 +0100, Ben Cottrell
    <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote:

    >Civilian_Target wrote:
    >
    >>> difool
    >
    >> What about STEAMKILLER - can't leave him out. He was one of the only
    >> trolls that actually inspired me to add him to my killfile, at least
    >> Toxicity is actually funny as opposed to obsessive...
    >
    >Obviously you've not been alert when on Troll watch duty ;) difool has
    >had several other names too, but it's all the same chump.

    What about Dr. Bukkake and his many incarnations?

    Hi Nick, wonder if you could help me aswell.

    On my 10 man server, i'm wanting to have 6 bots. Then when a player
    joins, the server would kick a bot staight away for the player to
    replace.

    I'm just getting my head round the config and can't seem to do this.

    AHA

    Yes, all working now :)

    Is there any way to change the name of the bots?

    Thx to both of you.

    "Jimbob" <richard.burkinshaw@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Nick, wonder if you could help me aswell.
    >
    > On my 10 man server, i'm wanting to have 6 bots. Then when a player
    > joins, the server would kick a bot staight away for the player to
    > replace.
    >
    > I'm just getting my head round the config and can't seem to do this.
    >
    > AHA

    Jimbob - did you try the config maker?

    http://www.cstrike-planet.com/cfgmaker?cfg=srcds

    "Jimbob" wrote

    > Is there any way to change the name of the bots?

    Alter botprofile.db
    NB! Use wordpad not notepad

    Just delete the file and run the update if you want to revert to original
    settings

    - Peter

Games Video Games