CS:S srcds and bots

Last response: in Video Games
July 11, 2005 9:18:23 PM

Hi

Anyone knows how to setup bots on a srcds thing runnning CS:S?
The bots should like flood the place and kick themself in the butt when/if
real players joins in

Any takers?

Thanks/Peter

--
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me
spread!

More about : srcds bots

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 9:18:24 PM

I don't know how to activate them on a dedicated server, only a
standard server. It makes me think of the whole AGHL vrs Trolls or
Bears idea again. I'd be very interested in someone figuring out how to
impliment that.
For those who don't know what that means, it's the idea that AGHL
members all play on the same side and we put all the bots on the other
side and play against them. We can vary the difficulty of the bots
depending on how much of a challenge we want starting with easy and
moving up to normal.

In addition there is also the 'theme' of the bots, ie their names. So
give me your ideas now. Here are mine

Trolls
--------
Give the bots names of the more renowned trolls that have visited this
group in the past so we can take the pleasure in blowing their heads
off. Cory Dunkle, Toxicity perhaps?

Bears
-------
Might be a bit scarey this one but we could name them after the various
sub species of bear in the world, brown, black, polar etc.

Missing Regulars
--------------------------
Fight the regulars who have been gone for some time now. Iphi, Nilz.
Just an idea.

Thats it for now.
July 11, 2005 9:18:24 PM

> Might be a bit scarey this one but we could name them after the various
sub species of bear in the world, brown, black, polar etc.

Geez, i had to go and watch some cartoons after reading that. My pants
are in the wash. :p
July 11, 2005 9:30:02 PM

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:18:23 +0200, "Peter [AGHL]"
<peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Anyone knows how to setup bots on a srcds thing runnning CS:S?
>The bots should like flood the place and kick themself in the butt when/if
>real players joins in
>
>Any takers?
>
>Thanks/Peter

for listen server, the config is in the counterstrike source\cstrike
folder & named serverconfig.vdf. open it in notepad for the commands.

dr ratt

ps. matt damon

the man who crosses me and leaves me alive.
he understands nothing about tuco.
nothing.
July 11, 2005 10:40:45 PM

"doctor.ratt" wrote

> for listen server, the config is in the counterstrike source\cstrike
> folder & named serverconfig.vdf. open it in notepad for the commands.

Thanks I'll take a peek

> ps. matt damon

Team America: World Police

- Peter
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 10:54:42 PM

"Scott Robson" wrote

>I don't know how to activate them on a dedicated server, only a
> standard server. It makes me think of the whole AGHL vrs Trolls or
> Bears idea again. I'd be very interested in someone figuring out how to
> impliment that.

Hehe, crazy sob
http://idestal.truz-net.se/other/zombie/

I will give it a try
Expect a receipt on my site for future use

- Peter
July 12, 2005 4:47:15 AM

"Scott Robson" <geordiekid@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I don't know how to activate them on a dedicated server, only a
> standard server. It makes me think of the whole AGHL vrs Trolls or
> *Fluffy things* idea again. I'd be very interested in someone figuring out
> how to
> impliment that.
> For those who don't know what that means, it's the idea that AGHL
> members all play on the same side and we put all the bots on the other
> side and play against them. We can vary the difficulty of the bots
> depending on how much of a challenge we want starting with easy and
> moving up to normal.
>
> In addition there is also the 'theme' of the bots, ie their names. So
> give me your ideas now. Here are mine
>
> Trolls
> --------
> Give the bots names of the more renowned trolls that have visited this
> group in the past so we can take the pleasure in blowing their heads
> off. Cory Dunkle, Toxicity perhaps?
>
> *Fluffy things*
> -------
> Might be a bit scarey this one but we could name them after the various
> sub species of *Fluffy things* in the world, brown, black, polar etc.
>
> Missing Regulars
> --------------------------
> Fight the regulars who have been gone for some time now. Iphi, Nilz.
> Just an idea.
>
> Thats it for now.

That sounds great fun. This could even kick-start my online gaming again.
Wouldn't we be way outnumbered by trolls though?

One point - if you are going to talk about *Fluffy things* please give a
warning in the header. You have already put more stains than normal in
jimbobs underkegs. Ta
July 12, 2005 3:04:23 PM

Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

> List of names?
>
> I need to mess around with botprofile.db and botchatter.db

Yeah, there is a way to do this. I just don't know how.

--
"Now that there is one damn fine coat you're wearing."

www.stri.tk - site and blog
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 3:53:20 PM

"Scott Robson" wrote

> I'd be very interested in someone figuring out how to impliment that
..
> Trolls
> Bears

Wav files for radio chatter?
Any takers?

- Peter
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 4:35:16 PM

Peter [AGHL] wrote:

>>Trolls
>>--------
>>Give the bots names of the more renowned trolls that have visited this
>>group in the past so we can take the pleasure in blowing their heads
>>off. Cory Dunkle, Toxicity perhaps?
>

> List of names?

WaRgAsMo
Imran
B!LLYNOSE
difool

how many AGHLers are quaking in their boots at those names? ;-)

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
Anonymous

"Strider" wrote
> Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...
>
>> List of names?
>>
> Yeah, there is a way to do this. I just don't know how.

No I meant I need a list of the names to use :)

- Peter
July 12, 2005 6:07:34 PM

Peter [AGHL] wrote:
> Hi
>
> Anyone knows how to setup bots on a srcds thing runnning CS:S?
> The bots should like flood the place and kick themself in the butt when/if
> real players joins in
>
> Any takers?
>
> Thanks/Peter

We run bots on our server.
Talking to teh server guy who set it up, bots are all included with
SRCDS and it all comes down to having the right config files.

Usually server has 3 on 3 bots and will kick or join bots at anytime to
keep sides even.

Best Bot configuration.
25 bots versus humans. Bots only have Knives though. :-)
Think Aliens movie where humans are armed to the teeth, backed into a
corner while hordes of rushing Terrorists, with knives flashing looking
to gut everyone. :-)
Good times... good times...

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Anyone knows how to setup bots on a srcds thing runnning CS:S?
> The bots should like flood the place and kick themself in the butt when/if real players joins in
>
> Any takers?
>
> Thanks/Peter

Hi Peter,

I've got the SRCDS thang running on an old P3 1000mhz laptop (with 384mb RAM) with bots running. I
can run ten bots with no problems on this old machine - amazing really...

Took me a while to get the info on how to set it up, but here's my config file, which lives in the
folder %wherever this is%\HLServer\cstrike\cfg\server.cfg
***

// server name
hostname "Nick's Naughty Noobs"

// rcon passsword
rcon_password "saucyjack"

// Advanced RCON
sv_rcon_banpenalty 60
sv_rcon_maxfailures 10
sv_rcon_minfailures 5
sv_rcon_minfailuretime 30

// server cvars
mp_friendlyfire 1
mp_footsteps 1
mp_autoteambalance 1
mp_autokick 1
mp_flashlight 1
mp_tkpunish 1
mp_forcecamera 0
sv_alltalk 0
sv_pausable 0
sv_cheats 0
sv_consistency 1
sv_allowupload 1
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_maxspeed 320
mp_limitteams 1
mp_hostagepenalty 5
sv_voiceenable 1
mp_allowspectators 1
mp_chattime 10
sv_timeout 65

// round specific cvars
mp_timelimit 25
mp_freezetime 6
mp_roundtime 5
mp_startmoney 800
mp_c4timer 45
mp_fraglimit 0
mp_maxrounds 0
mp_winlimit 0
mp_playerid 0
mp_spawnprotectiontime 5

// bandwidth rates/settings
maxplayers 16
sv_minrate 0
sv_maxrate 0
decalfrequency 10
sv_maxupdaterate 60
sv_minupdaterate 10

// server logging
log on
sv_logbans 1
sv_logecho 0
sv_logfile 1
sv_log_onefile 0
sv_logsdir nadlogs

// bots
bot_add
bot_quota 8
bot_quota_mode normal
bot_difficulty 0
bot_chatter radio
bot_auto_follow 0
bot_auto_vacate 1
bot_join_after_player 0
bot_defer_to_human 1
bot_prefix "[bot]"
bot_allow_rogues 1
bot_walk 0
bot_join_team any
bot_eco_limit 2000
bot_all_weapons
bot_allow_grenades 1
bot_allow_pistols 1
bot_allow_sub_machine_guns 1
bot_allow_shotguns 1
bot_allow_rifles 1
bot_allow_snipers 1
bot_allow_machine_guns 1

// operation
sv_lan 0
sv_region 3

// execute ban files
exec banned_user.cfg
exec banned_ip.cfg
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:11:14 PM

Ben Cottrell wrote:
> WaRgAsMo
> Imran
> B!LLYNOSE
> difool
>
> how many AGHLers are quaking in their boots at those names? ;-)

What about STEAMKILLER - can't leave him out. He was one of the only
trolls that actually inspired me to add him to my killfile, at least
Toxicity is actually funny as opposed to obsessive...

Civilian_Target
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:11:15 PM

Civilian_Target wrote:

>> difool

> What about STEAMKILLER - can't leave him out. He was one of the only
> trolls that actually inspired me to add him to my killfile, at least
> Toxicity is actually funny as opposed to obsessive...

Obviously you've not been alert when on Troll watch duty ;)  difool has
had several other names too, but it's all the same chump.

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
July 13, 2005 2:23:13 PM

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Anyone knows how to setup bots on a srcds thing runnning CS:S?
> The bots should like flood the place and kick themself in the butt when/if real players joins in
>
> Any takers?
>
> Thanks/Peter

Found it!

http://www.cstrike-planet.com/cfgmaker?cfg=srcds
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 8:17:10 PM

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:10:48 +0100, Ben Cottrell
<bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote:

>Civilian_Target wrote:
>
>>> difool
>
>> What about STEAMKILLER - can't leave him out. He was one of the only
>> trolls that actually inspired me to add him to my killfile, at least
>> Toxicity is actually funny as opposed to obsessive...
>
>Obviously you've not been alert when on Troll watch duty ;)  difool has
>had several other names too, but it's all the same chump.

What about Dr. Bukkake and his many incarnations?
July 14, 2005 7:46:52 AM

Hi Nick, wonder if you could help me aswell.

On my 10 man server, i'm wanting to have 6 bots. Then when a player
joins, the server would kick a bot staight away for the player to
replace.

I'm just getting my head round the config and can't seem to do this.

AHA
July 14, 2005 10:38:33 AM

Yes, all working now :)

Is there any way to change the name of the bots?
July 14, 2005 11:13:18 AM

Thx to both of you.
July 14, 2005 4:35:10 PM

"Jimbob" <richard.burkinshaw@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Nick, wonder if you could help me aswell.
>
> On my 10 man server, i'm wanting to have 6 bots. Then when a player
> joins, the server would kick a bot staight away for the player to
> replace.
>
> I'm just getting my head round the config and can't seem to do this.
>
> AHA

Jimbob - did you try the config maker?

http://www.cstrike-planet.com/cfgmaker?cfg=srcds
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 7:54:01 PM

"Jimbob" wrote

> Is there any way to change the name of the bots?

Alter botprofile.db
NB! Use wordpad not notepad

Just delete the file and run the update if you want to revert to original
settings

- Peter
!