using a CDRW for VCD

If I wanted to test a film I made with my pc to see how it looks on
tv, with the possibility of tweaking it again before a final burn,
might I be able to do the following -
burn it as a VCD onto a CDRW? Would doing that format the disk in such
a way that it is no longer rewriteable or would I just be able to go
back and delete the contents of the disk and still have a good useable
disk?

natch wrote:

> If I wanted to test a film I made with my pc to see how it looks on
> tv, with the possibility of tweaking it again before a final burn,
> might I be able to do the following -
> burn it as a VCD onto a CDRW? Would doing that format the disk in such
> a way that it is no longer rewriteable or would I just be able to go
> back and delete the contents of the disk and still have a good useable
> disk?

A VCD is just data written onto a CDR(W). If you're using rewritable
media, there's nothing about the VCD format that would prevent it from
being erased and used again.

-WD

"Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
> natch wrote:
>
> > If I wanted to test a film I made with my pc to see how it looks on
> > tv, with the possibility of tweaking it again before a final burn,
> > might I be able to do the following -
> > burn it as a VCD onto a CDRW? Would doing that format the disk in such
> > a way that it is no longer rewriteable or would I just be able to go
> > back and delete the contents of the disk and still have a good useable
> > disk?
>

> A VCD is just data written onto a CDR(W). If you're using rewritable
> media, there's nothing about the VCD format that would prevent it from
> being erased and used again.

Yep. The only prob. you might have is that your standalone DVD
player might not read CDRWs even if it plays CDRs fine. Sometimes
the opposite is true (ie set-top DVD player will play CDRW but not
CDR). If you only play them on your PC then no prob.
HTH
--
Rob

> Yep. The only prob. you might have is that your standalone DVD
> player might not read CDRWs even if it plays CDRs fine. Sometimes
> the opposite is true (ie set-top DVD player will play CDRW but not
> CDR). If you only play them on your PC then no prob.
> HTH
> --
> Rob

My original DVD player, a Pioneer Laserdisc/DVD combo would only
recognize a virgin CDRW. If I tried to re-use a disc, the player would
treat it as a CD, but there would be no video or audio.

Time to get a new player!!

<xeaglecrest@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
: > Yep. The only prob. you might have is that your standalone DVD
: > player might not read CDRWs even if it plays CDRs fine. Sometimes
: > the opposite is true (ie set-top DVD player will play CDRW but not
: > CDR). If you only play them on your PC then no prob.
: > HTH
: > --
: > Rob
: