8mm Camcorder to Computer

Nosfettish wrote:

I have a Canon ES7000V Hi 8 (8mm tape) Camcorder with an S video cable
hookup comming out of the same card as the monitor is hooked up to. My video
card is a Radeon 300x series. My camcorder also has an S Video port, however
when i hook them together the computer doesn't recognize anything.
What I want to do is record my 8 mm tapes to the computer so that I can burn
home movies onto discs.
What am I doing wrong? How do I get my computer to recognize that there is
an S Video hookup. Someone please help me!!

I believe your X300 card is Video OUT rather than Video IN. Check with the
specifications on the package.

If I'm right, then you'll need to purchase analog capture hardware.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> I believe your X300 card is Video OUT rather than Video IN. Check with the
> specifications on the package.
>
> If I'm right, then you'll need to purchase analog capture hardware.
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

Does this mean purchasing a new video card or a whole separate video card
for my computer?

> "Nosfettish" <Nosfettish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Nosfettish wrote:
> >
> > I have a Canon ES7000V Hi 8 (8mm tape) Camcorder with an S video cable
> > hookup comming out of the same card as the monitor is hooked up to. My
> > video
> > card is a Radeon 300x series. My camcorder also has an S Video port,
> > however
> > when i hook them together the computer doesn't recognize anything.
> > What I want to do is record my 8 mm tapes to the computer so that I can
> > burn
> > home movies onto discs.
> > What am I doing wrong? How do I get my computer to recognize that there is
> > an S Video hookup. Someone please help me!!

Either something like an ATI All in Wonder card or card with VIVO (video in
and video out) or an analog capture card.