Anyone having an USB 2.0 tv box?

Is there anyone having an USB 2.0 tv box here?

I would be interested in knowing if you are able to capture the TV with
any software other than those which came with your tv box.

Thanks in advance

In article <c9o02i02maf@news4.newsguy.com>, Rgb32

The USB-2 box I tried recently came with C---p software
Capturing worked fine with Ulead VS7 though.

<URL:mailto:Rgb32@yuv.com> wrote:
> Is there anyone having an USB 2.0 tv box here?
>
> I would be interested in knowing if you are able to capture the TV with
> any software other than those which came with your tv box.
>
> Thanks in advance

Regards,
Max

--

Max Haltermann, Geelong VIC
maxh@pipeline.com.au

Thanks for your answer Dietmar!
would you mind telling me:

- the brand/model of tvbox

- was Ulead really capturing from the RAW video stream and encode with
software codecs on the fly, or was just dumping onto disk the
hardware-encoded mpeg data stream coming from the box?

- if you have still access to the box, I would be really interested in
knowing if it's possible to capture with programs which use VFW like
VirtualDub (freeware download at http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/, no
installation required) or AVI_IO.

TIA!