Mpeg4 asf gives "unknown error" and blank previews

Hi,

I've got a DV cam (that XP comes up and tells me is DVL301, which is more
than the box it came in, which has only "Fashion Cam"), anyway, I can drag
across a .asf file into WMM, no worries, but it doesn't have an image in the
collection preview, or in the timeline etc. It does play initially, but when
I add more clips nothing plays and I get "unknown error"s - any ideas?

I'm on XP SP2, all up to date etc.etc.

Other .avi test files appear fine in preview and timeline so I can only
assume its something to do with the format that comes outta my cam? Oohhh.

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about mpeg4 unknown error blank previews

    This is a compressed format which MM does not support. Do a google search
    for a convertor from Mpeg4 to avi or wmv.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "LamptonWorm" <LamptonWorm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've got a DV cam (that XP comes up and tells me is DVL301, which is more
    > than the box it came in, which has only "Fashion Cam"), anyway, I can drag
    > across a .asf file into WMM, no worries, but it doesn't have an image in
    > the
    > collection preview, or in the timeline etc. It does play initially, but
    > when
    > I add more clips nothing plays and I get "unknown error"s - any ideas?
    >
    > I'm on XP SP2, all up to date etc.etc.
    >
    > Other .avi test files appear fine in preview and timeline so I can only
    > assume its something to do with the format that comes outta my cam? Oohhh.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

Video Microsoft Windows XP