IPAQ Bluetooth+ laptop

newbie

I am trying to share files between my IPAQ PDA and Toshiba Tecra laptop. The
laptop is on a Wireless LAN link with my Desktop. I installed a BT500
Bluetooth adapter on the laptop (which I had used succesfully prior on my PC)
but could not get the bluetooth working.

I discovered the Toshiba bluetooth stack was inbuilt so i tried using this,
but no joy. i kept getting an error message saying the "bluetooth is not
ready". Finally, I have now installed a Microsoft Bluetooth Monitor which now
sits on my taskbar. I notice the Toshiba bluetooth menu has now disappeared
from the programs start up? The "power" menu on the Microsoft Bluetooth
monitor is greyed out. Also, I can now only share files via infrared wireless
with this.

What am I doing wrong? Help!!

"I can now only share files via infrared wireless with this. "

Infrared=light
wireless=radio waves

Just wanted to point that out, better go and read a book...
pref.. the instruction book

HubSwitch

"HubSwitch" <HubSwitch@hubswitch.is-a-geek.com> wrote in message news:cj4ll5$sst$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Infrared=light
> wireless=radio waves

IR is wireless too, and often referred as "wireless" in wndows docum.

> Just wanted to point that out, better go and read a book...
> pref.. the instruction book

Ditto.

--PA

> HubSwitch
>

> "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to share files between my IPAQ PDA and Toshiba Tecra laptop.
> >The
> > laptop is on a Wireless LAN link with my Desktop. I installed a BT500
> > Bluetooth adapter on the laptop (which I had used succesfully prior on my
> > PC)
> > but could not get the bluetooth working.
> >
> > I discovered the Toshiba bluetooth stack was inbuilt so i tried using
> > this,
> > but no joy. i kept getting an error message saying the "bluetooth is not
> > ready". Finally, I have now installed a Microsoft Bluetooth Monitor which
> > now
> > sits on my taskbar. I notice the Toshiba bluetooth menu has now
> > disappeared
> > from the programs start up? The "power" menu on the Microsoft Bluetooth
> > monitor is greyed out. Also, I can now only share files via infrared
> > wireless
> > with this.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong? Help!!

Ah... yes, correct to a point. it is "controlled with out wires" so to
speak. And No, it is not wireless as within the newsgroup ie:radio waves
(802.11a/b/g)...

Though myself, being of technical nature speaks literally upon it, ie:
Infrared=light, I have never seen light as a wireless "radio" device and
hence my literal answer.(and newsgroup listing ).. he was just playing with
words.

Appologies (to the dimmer mortals) I was looking at it from a radio sence
and not the physical one...Cough cough>> check our news group
"microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless"....[most of the postings is
to do with 802.11a/b/g Wireless thats radio waves to most bright peeps].
Even some books are full of dissinformation (missinformation, Factless, with
fault, wrong, etc etc....shout at the authors for not pointing out for the
less technically minded.)

HubSwitch
PS
I dont use a <<<<<torch>>>>> to control my equiptment....

light=photons..??? (you work it out....)
light=fire....??? (a-light.. burning)
light=helium.....??? (a-light.. flying)

Playing with your mind..

> Ah... yes, correct to a point. it is "controlled with out wires" so to
> speak. And No, it is not wireless as within the newsgroup ie:radio waves
> (802.11a/b/g)...
>
> Though myself, being of technical nature speaks literally upon it, ie:
> Infrared=light, I have never seen light as a wireless "radio" device and
> hence my literal answer.(and newsgroup listing ).. he was just playing
with
> words.
>
> Appologies (to the dimmer mortals) I was looking at it from a radio sence
> and not the physical one...Cough cough>> check our news group
> "microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless"....[most of the postings is
> to do with 802.11a/b/g Wireless thats radio waves to most bright peeps].
> Even some books are full of dissinformation (missinformation, Factless,
with
> fault, wrong, etc etc....shout at the authors for not pointing out for the
> less technically minded.)

In Windows XP Home, the IR link is refered to in the control panel as
"Wireless link". It flummoxed me for a second when I bought my shiney new
laptop equipped, so the blurb said, with an IR link but no built in
wireless. But I am one of those technical bods so I knew it could never be
so.

However - I wouldn't refer to anyone who didn'tt know that already as a
"dimmer mortal". Perhaps a little humilty might serve you well old chap, wot
wot ?

Rachael

""However - I wouldn't refer to anyone who didn'tt know that already as a
"dimmer mortal". Perhaps a little humilty might serve you well old chap, wot
wot ?""

There are too many thick people in a world of too few with brains! hell...
Life is humility dear

But newsgroups such as this one ( like as many others), is pure humor dear
:O) shake a leg........ LOL

HubSwitch de humbug