Need igfxcpl.cpl to upgrate to Professional?

I have a Compaq Presario with a XP Home edition. When I tried to
upgrate to XP Professional, an error message showed that the
installation can not find the igfxcpl.cpl file from
Windows\Drivers\Intel\Graphics.

I then found and copied a igfxcpl.cpl file from a Toshiba Satellite
laptop. However, at the end of the Windows set up, an eror message
showed a probelm with the newly installed software.

How do I get a correct igfxcpl.cpl filr for my Compaq? The Intex web
site does not have a download for igfxcpl.cpl.

TIA.

Jeffrey
4 answers Last reply
More about need igfxcpl upgrate professional

    Thank you for the information. I just went to Compaq web site. There
    are some graphic drive downloads, but I don't know which one is for
    igfxcpl.cpl. Then I search igfxcpl.cpl download for Presario. No such
    download available.

    Can you provide more instruction? Thanks.

    Is yours a laptop? Laptops have indivdual drivers, so copying from one make
    to another is bound to cause trouble, or even laptop to desktop.
    If it is a laptop, you need to go to compaq and get the drivers from them.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    <cjeffwang@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Compaq Presario with a XP Home edition. When I tried to
    > upgrate to XP Professional, an error message showed that the
    > installation can not find the igfxcpl.cpl file from
    > Windows\Drivers\Intel\Graphics.
    >
    > I then found and copied a igfxcpl.cpl file from a Toshiba Satellite
    > laptop. However, at the end of the Windows set up, an eror message
    > showed a probelm with the newly installed software.
    >
    > How do I get a correct igfxcpl.cpl filr for my Compaq? The Intex web
    > site does not have a download for igfxcpl.cpl.
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Jeffrey

    I'm afraid I don't have the time to spend researching for such an answer,
    and don't own a Compaq notebook, so all I can suggest is updating all the
    drivers relevant to your model, it can only be worthwhile.

    --

    > Thank you for the information. I just went to Compaq web site. There
    > are some graphic drive downloads, but I don't know which one is for
    > igfxcpl.cpl. Then I search igfxcpl.cpl download for Presario. No such
    > download available.
    >
    > Can you provide more instruction? Thanks.

  4. Quote:

    I have a Compaq Presario with a XP Home edition. When I tried to
    upgrate to XP Professional, an error message showed that the
    installation can not find the igfxcpl.cpl file from
    Windows\Drivers\Intel\Graphics.

    I then found and copied a igfxcpl.cpl file from a Toshiba Satellite
    laptop. However, at the end of the Windows set up, an eror message
    showed a probelm with the newly installed software.

    How do I get a correct igfxcpl.cpl filr for my Compaq? The Intex web
    site does not have a download for igfxcpl.cpl.

    TIA.

    Jeffrey

Video Windows XP