Need igfxcpl.cpl to upgrate to Professional?

May 19, 2005 3:46:42 AM

I have a Compaq Presario with a XP Home edition. When I tried to
upgrate to XP Professional, an error message showed that the
installation can not find the igfxcpl.cpl file from
Windows\Drivers\Intel\Graphics.

I then found and copied a igfxcpl.cpl file from a Toshiba Satellite
laptop. However, at the end of the Windows set up, an eror message
showed a probelm with the newly installed software.

How do I get a correct igfxcpl.cpl filr for my Compaq? The Intex web
site does not have a download for igfxcpl.cpl.

TIA.

Jeffrey
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 11:16:10 AM

Thank you for the information. I just went to Compaq web site. There
are some graphic drive downloads, but I don't know which one is for
igfxcpl.cpl. Then I search igfxcpl.cpl download for Presario. No such
download available.

Can you provide more instruction? Thanks.
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 2:12:30 PM

Is yours a laptop? Laptops have indivdual drivers, so copying from one make
to another is bound to cause trouble, or even laptop to desktop.
If it is a laptop, you need to go to compaq and get the drivers from them.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

<cjeffwang@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Compaq Presario with a XP Home edition. When I tried to
> upgrate to XP Professional, an error message showed that the
> installation can not find the igfxcpl.cpl file from
> Windows\Drivers\Intel\Graphics.
>
> I then found and copied a igfxcpl.cpl file from a Toshiba Satellite
> laptop. However, at the end of the Windows set up, an eror message
> showed a probelm with the newly installed software.
>
> How do I get a correct igfxcpl.cpl filr for my Compaq? The Intex web
> site does not have a download for igfxcpl.cpl.
>
> TIA.
>
> Jeffrey

May 21, 2005 2:13:05 AM

I'm afraid I don't have the time to spend researching for such an answer,
and don't own a Compaq notebook, so all I can suggest is updating all the
drivers relevant to your model, it can only be worthwhile.

--

> Thank you for the information. I just went to Compaq web site. There
> are some graphic drive downloads, but I don't know which one is for
> igfxcpl.cpl. Then I search igfxcpl.cpl download for Presario. No such
> download available.
>
> Can you provide more instruction? Thanks.

November 5, 2008 6:11:09 PM

Quote:

!