Cannot complete upgrading to XP Pro SP2

May 19, 2005 2:36:48 PM

cjeffw...@gmail.com May 19, 1:06 pm show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
From: cjeffw...@gmail.com - Find messages by this author
Date: 19 May 2005 10:06:00 -0700
Subject: Can not complete upgrading XP Pro SP2
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I have tried to upgrade my Compaq Presario with a XP Home edition to XP

Pro SP2. After finding the path for the igfxcpl (C:\cpqdrv\video), the

Windows still can not start. The error message indicated a probelm with

the newly installed software.

Is the igfxcpl.cpl still the problem or something else?

TIA.

Jeffrey
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 7:23:03 PM

Actually thier is no "upgrade from home to pro",the "upgrade" is for prior
windows os.To install pro over home,one needs to do a clean installation
of pro,boot to xp cd,select,install xp,new copy,delete the partition (home),
create one,then let xp format the hd and install.

!