ADVC-100 or ADVC-55

From the canopus website's ADVC Selection Chart, it appears the 100 has
three more features than the 55:

- DV-to-Analog (don't think I need that)
- Color Bar Output (don't think I need that)
- Locked audio and video synchronization

The A/V sync can definitely be a problem if the capture/conversion
hardware is not up for the task (see pretty much any Dazzle product).

Any opinions on 55 v. 100? It's about a $50 price difference, but if
I'm guaranteed that my a/v will be in sync with the 100, it would seem
to be worth the extra 50 bucks.

Thanks!
Gary

"GS" <bobogsemel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> From the canopus website's ADVC Selection Chart, it appears the 100 has
> three more features than the 55:
>
> - DV-to-Analog (don't think I need that)
> - Color Bar Output (don't think I need that)
> - Locked audio and video synchronization
>
> The A/V sync can definitely be a problem if the capture/conversion
> hardware is not up for the task (see pretty much any Dazzle product).
>
> Any opinions on 55 v. 100? It's about a $50 price difference, but if
> I'm guaranteed that my a/v will be in sync with the 100, it would seem
> to be worth the extra 50 bucks.

I really value the DV-toAnalog feature. Vegas provides for outputting the
preview window to fire-wire. Running that through the ADVC-100 gives me an
NTSC analog output to my Sony video monitor. Much of my product is destined
for TV playback. I want to know what it is going to look like on a TV, not
on a computer, as I go. IMO, the $50 is inconsequential over time.

Steve King

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:31:25 -0400, GS <bobogsemel@yahoo.com> wrote:

>- DV-to-Analog (don't think I need that)
>- Color Bar Output (don't think I need that)
>- Locked audio and video synchronization

The 100 has a hidden Macrovision defeat mode. Not sure if the 55
does.

I'd have said locked audio/video was the main reason for paying that
sort of money. Without it why pay as much as the 55?