HELP... With XP VGA resolution

Hi,

I have an nVidia 5600 Ultra VGA card that can have resolutions up to and
including 2048x1536@85Hz. I have a Sony P234 23" monitor, capable of
1900x1200@85.

I have installed the drivers for both and both are properly listed in the
hardware list in XP.

The problem is when i try to set the screen resolution, either by the
standard windows xp Display Properties dialog,or via the nVidia tools, the
resolution max avaiable to me via the slider bar is 1600x1200@60hz.

What could be the problem here? Both devices have the latest drivers, so it
can't be that.

What would be limiting it to 1600x1200@60hz, Windows XP itself, nVidia
drivers, or the Sony drivers ?

Thanks

Have you any luck here? I have the SDM-P234 and am experiencing the
exact same problem, but with a twist:

If I plug the DVI connector into a Dell 2005FPW and set it to 1680x1050
resolution, confirm the Dell has switched into this mode, yank the
connector out and (hot) plug it into the Sony SDM-P234, the Sony will
suddenly start working at 1680x1050 resolution (hell of alot better
than 1280x1024).

However, if I power off the monitor or reboot, the monitor shuts down
and says No Signal.

I'm at the point I'm just going to return the Sony.

Jason

Aussie Rules wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an nVidia 5600 Ultra VGA card that can have resolutions up to and
> including 2048x1536@85Hz. I have a Sony P234 23" monitor, capable of
> 1900x1200@85.
>
> I have installed the drivers for both and both are properly listed in the
> hardware list in XP.
>
> The problem is when i try to set the screen resolution, either by the
> standard windows xp Display Properties dialog,or via the nVidia tools, the
> resolution max avaiable to me via the slider bar is 1600x1200@60hz.
>
> What could be the problem here? Both devices have the latest drivers, so it
> can't be that.
>
> What would be limiting it to 1600x1200@60hz, Windows XP itself, nVidia
> drivers, or the Sony drivers ?
>
> Thanks

Not sure about your issue, but what I did find out was the following

the full resolution of 1900x1200@85hrz is only supported via the old fashion
VGA cable.

If you plugged in via the DVI port then the maximum resolution you can have
is 1600x1200@60hrz.

It in the documentation on the P234....

I have been told that a single DVI can go above 1600x1200.. sounds odd to
me, but i have plugged the monitor in via vga, and now run at 1900x1200

Nice Screen!!!