Suspension of screensaver

Hi group,

Sorry for posting right away without lurking for a while. When I watch DVDs
on my computer, or download large files (56k modem) the screensaver or power
save scheme cuts in and spoils my plans.
I realise that I could go into screensaver manually every time and disable
it, but that is tedious. I thought there might be a utility to do it for me,
or a switch.
If there is a FAQ for this group which covers this question, please direct
me.
Thanks a bunch.

Dave W.

"David Wilkinson" <david@briarwood134.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi group,
>
> Sorry for posting right away without lurking for a while. When I watch
DVDs
> on my computer, or download large files (56k modem) the screensaver or
power
> save scheme cuts in and spoils my plans.
> I realise that I could go into screensaver manually every time and disable
> it, but that is tedious. I thought there might be a utility to do it for
me,
> or a switch.
> If there is a FAQ for this group which covers this question, please direct
> me.
> Thanks a bunch.
>
> Dave W.

If you're using Windows Media Player,

Tools>>Options>Player>>Player Settings
uncheck "Allow Screen Saver during Playback".

If using WinDVD or something, look for a similar
option somewhere in the program.

Can't help you with the download problem, though. But
the screensaver starting should not be cutting off your file
download...if it is, something else is wrong.