CPU not equipped for certain cable

I needed to be able to load edited videos back onto my Digital Video Camera.
I wasn't able to with my USB cable, so when I trouble-shooted (trouble-shot?)
I found out that I needed an IEEE 1349 cable, which would not only allow me
to copy videos back onto my DVC but also burn them to DVD's right off my DVC.
Naturally, I assumed that my computer would have a plug in or whatever for
this cable, so I went and bought one ( forty bucks!) I got home, attached it
to my camera, flipped the CPU around and found that there is no place to plug
this in at. Why isn't my computer equipped for this? Is there anything I
can buy to adapt this?
4 answers Last reply
More about equipped cable

    *lol* Yes you need to buy a 1394 (not 1349) Firewire card and install it in
    your computer. It's about $35 dollars. Then you can hook it up to your
    computer.
    W.D.

    "catj8807" <catj8807@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I needed to be able to load edited videos back onto my Digital Video
    >Camera.
    > I wasn't able to with my USB cable, so when I trouble-shooted
    > (trouble-shot?)
    > I found out that I needed an IEEE 1349 cable, which would not only allow
    > me
    > to copy videos back onto my DVC but also burn them to DVD's right off my
    > DVC.
    > Naturally, I assumed that my computer would have a plug in or whatever for
    > this cable, so I went and bought one ( forty bucks!) I got home, attached
    > it
    > to my camera, flipped the CPU around and found that there is no place to
    > plug
    > this in at. Why isn't my computer equipped for this? Is there anything I
    > can buy to adapt this?

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 18:28:02 -0700, "catj8807"
    <catj8807@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I needed to be able to load edited videos back onto my Digital Video Camera.
    >I wasn't able to with my USB cable, so when I trouble-shooted (trouble-shot?)
    >I found out that I needed an IEEE 1349 cable, which would not only allow me
    >to copy videos back onto my DVC but also burn them to DVD's right off my DVC.
    > Naturally, I assumed that my computer would have a plug in or whatever for
    >this cable, so I went and bought one ( forty bucks!) I got home, attached it
    >to my camera, flipped the CPU around and found that there is no place to plug
    >this in at. Why isn't my computer equipped for this? Is there anything I
    >can buy to adapt this?

    Some sound cards, such as newer Creative sound cards, and some ATI
    video cards, have Firewire ports built in. Otherwise, you will have
    to purchase and install a PCI card which has one or more onboard
    Firewire ports.
    Donald L McDaniel
    Please reply to the original thread
    so that others may be instructed or informed

    Why it hasn't got one is something you need to take up with the pc
    manufacturer, you now need to buy a firewire card and put it in a pci slot
    inside the pc.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "catj8807" <catj8807@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I needed to be able to load edited videos back onto my Digital Video
    >Camera.
    > I wasn't able to with my USB cable, so when I trouble-shooted
    > (trouble-shot?)
    > I found out that I needed an IEEE 1349 cable, which would not only allow
    > me
    > to copy videos back onto my DVC but also burn them to DVD's right off my
    > DVC.
    > Naturally, I assumed that my computer would have a plug in or whatever for
    > this cable, so I went and bought one ( forty bucks!) I got home, attached
    > it
    > to my camera, flipped the CPU around and found that there is no place to
    > plug
    > this in at. Why isn't my computer equipped for this? Is there anything I
    > can buy to adapt this?

    and chances are that the new card will already come with a cable

    W.D. Parker wrote:

    > *lol* Yes you need to buy a 1394 (not 1349) Firewire card and install it in
    > your computer. It's about $35 dollars. Then you can hook it up to your
    > computer.
    > W.D.
    >
    > "catj8807" <catj8807@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I needed to be able to load edited videos back onto my Digital Video
    >>Camera.
    >>I wasn't able to with my USB cable, so when I trouble-shooted
    >>(trouble-shot?)
    >>I found out that I needed an IEEE 1349 cable, which would not only allow
    >>me
    >>to copy videos back onto my DVC but also burn them to DVD's right off my
    >>DVC.
    >>Naturally, I assumed that my computer would have a plug in or whatever for
    >>this cable, so I went and bought one ( forty bucks!) I got home, attached
    >>it
    >>to my camera, flipped the CPU around and found that there is no place to
    >>plug
    >>this in at. Why isn't my computer equipped for this? Is there anything I
    >>can buy to adapt this?

Video Cable Windows XP