Maybe someone could tell me what they think of these 2 cam..

http://www.electricsam.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ESNIK4800

http://www.amphotoworld.com/product.asp?id=psdmcfz10k&l=Streetprices

narrowed it down to these two that i can afford.

They both seem to be packed with plenty of features. the panasonic is an
slr type and i like that, while the nikon has the "name" and everyone
seems to give nikons good reveiws. (but this one doesn't have a view-
finder at all)

i'm looking for the best one that'll be a good all-around camera with
plenty of zoom, and that'll take fast pictures. one that's good with
action pics., like at the raceway.

opinions any-one?

tia,
Packrat2112
2 answers Last reply
More about maybe

    nikon. 10/12x zoom isn't very good when you see the camera shake unless it
    has an antishake system.
    i have/love the kodak 6490 with 10x optical zoon plus 3x digital and
    4mpixels at about £210 english pounds
    buy, don;t read any more reviews/adverts and enjoy!!!

    "PackRat2112" <nunyo@biz.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.electricsam.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ESNIK4800
    >
    > http://www.amphotoworld.com/product.asp?id=psdmcfz10k&l=Streetprices
    >

    > narrowed it down to these two that i can afford.
    >
    > They both seem to be packed with plenty of features. the panasonic is an
    > slr type and i like that, while the nikon has the "name" and everyone
    > seems to give nikons good reveiws. (but this one doesn't have a view-
    > finder at all)
    >
    > i'm looking for the best one that'll be a good all-around camera with
    > plenty of zoom, and that'll take fast pictures. one that's good with
    > action pics., like at the raceway.
    >

    > opinions any-one?
    >
    > tia,
    > Packrat2112

    If you are referring to the fact that the Nikon camera doesn't have an
    optical finder, I wouldn't be too concerned about that. I recentlty
    purchased a Coolpix 8800, and it doesn't have an optical finder
    either, but it is beautiful in low light situations, where it enhances
    the available light so I can see what I'm looking at, better. Also,
    no problem seeing through the viewfinder in bright sunlight. I hardly
    ever use the big LCD panel, because the finder works so well.
    Hopes that helps, and NO, I don't work for Nikon or sell their
    cameras. Good luck.

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:18:03 GMT, PackRat2112 <nunyo@biz.com> wrote:

    >http://www.electricsam.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ESNIK4800
    >
    >http://www.amphotoworld.com/product.asp?id=psdmcfz10k&l=Streetprices
    >

    >narrowed it down to these two that i can afford.
    >
    >They both seem to be packed with plenty of features. the panasonic is an
    >slr type and i like that, while the nikon has the "name" and everyone
    >seems to give nikons good reveiws. (but this one doesn't have a view-
    >finder at all)
    >
    >i'm looking for the best one that'll be a good all-around camera with
    >plenty of zoom, and that'll take fast pictures. one that's good with
    >action pics., like at the raceway.
    >

    >opinions any-one?
    >
    >tia,
    > Packrat2112