Maybe someone could tell me what they think of these 2 cam..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 12, 2004 2:18:03 AM

http://www.electricsam.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ESNIK4...

http://www.amphotoworld.com/product.asp?id=psdmcfz10k&l...

narrowed it down to these two that i can afford.

They both seem to be packed with plenty of features. the panasonic is an
slr type and i like that, while the nikon has the "name" and everyone
seems to give nikons good reveiws. (but this one doesn't have a view-
finder at all)

i'm looking for the best one that'll be a good all-around camera with
plenty of zoom, and that'll take fast pictures. one that's good with
action pics., like at the raceway.

opinions any-one?

tia,
Packrat2112

More about : cam

Anonymous
December 12, 2004 12:41:27 PM

nikon. 10/12x zoom isn't very good when you see the camera shake unless it
has an antishake system.
i have/love the kodak 6490 with 10x optical zoon plus 3x digital and
4mpixels at about £210 english pounds
buy, don;t read any more reviews/adverts and enjoy!!!

"PackRat2112" <nunyo@biz.com> wrote in message
> http://www.electricsam.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ESNIK4...
>
> http://www.amphotoworld.com/product.asp?id=psdmcfz10k&l...
>

> narrowed it down to these two that i can afford.
>
> They both seem to be packed with plenty of features. the panasonic is an
> slr type and i like that, while the nikon has the "name" and everyone
> seems to give nikons good reveiws. (but this one doesn't have a view-
> finder at all)
>
> i'm looking for the best one that'll be a good all-around camera with
> plenty of zoom, and that'll take fast pictures. one that's good with
> action pics., like at the raceway.
>

> opinions any-one?
>
> tia,
> Packrat2112

Anonymous
December 12, 2004 9:14:48 PM

If you are referring to the fact that the Nikon camera doesn't have an
optical finder, I wouldn't be too concerned about that. I recentlty
purchased a Coolpix 8800, and it doesn't have an optical finder
either, but it is beautiful in low light situations, where it enhances
the available light so I can see what I'm looking at, better. Also,
no problem seeing through the viewfinder in bright sunlight. I hardly
ever use the big LCD panel, because the finder works so well.
Hopes that helps, and NO, I don't work for Nikon or sell their
cameras. Good luck.

!