windows media player 10

can't access streaming video. kb sugests problem could be ports. how do you
tell what ports. can get audio,can't play dvd, audio only. help! ralph
1 answer Last reply
More about windows media player

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 18:51:03 -0700, "ralph m loudin"
    <ralphmloudin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >can't access streaming video. kb sugests problem could be ports. how do you
    >tell what ports. can get audio,can't play dvd, audio only. help! ralph

    To play a DVD via Windows Media Player, your computer must either have
    a hardware decoder or a software codec which decodes DVD files. Such
    software codecs are usually supplied with the software included with
    many video cards. Also, such codecs are usually supplied with
    commercial software, such as WinDVD or other DVD programs.

    There are opensource codecs which are out there. However, I have
    found that opensource codecs are unreliable. Pay a few bucks for a
    commercial DVD player such as WinDVD, and you will have reliable
    playbacks of your DVDs.

    Donald L McDaniel
    Please reply to the original thread
    so that others may be instructed or informed

Video Audio Media Player Windows XP