Analogue to DVD to WMM to Web?

May 25, 2005 2:12:02 PM

My ultimate goal is to convert analogue VHS/SVHS footage to digital and then
upload short takes to a web site either as single files or for streaming. I
have a Panasonic E95 with 160Gb hard drive. This converts VHS/SVHS analogue
footage to digital very well indeed. I can then burn the results to DVD-R or
DVD-RAM disks. However then I have a problem. My PC's CD reader will not read
the disks. I have tried with another PC fited with a DVD writer/reader and it
will read the DVD-R disk but not the DVD-RAM disk. I do need the latter to
retain quality. Anyway it appears that the DVD-R disk has a number of files
on it - IFO, VOB, etc. I can copy these to my PC's hard-drive. BUT then both
Windows XP Pro Media Player and Windows XP Pro Movie Maker will not open
these files to allow me play them or rather to convert them to WMV. Please
help!!!

More about : analogue dvd wmm web

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 3:03:21 AM

Take a look at Papa John's website on how to import DVD files (Vob, Bup,
Ifo)...

WMM doesn't do them very well, WinDVD Creator and Power Director do them
quite nicely.

Both of the above will let you save as WMV. (www.intervideo.com and
www.gocyberlink.com)

--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

Very few drives other than Panasonics support DVD RAM.
"Chris Brady" <Chris Brady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My ultimate goal is to convert analogue VHS/SVHS footage to digital and
> then
> upload short takes to a web site either as single files or for streaming.
> have a Panasonic E95 with 160Gb hard drive. This converts VHS/SVHS
> analogue
> footage to digital very well indeed. I can then burn the results to DVD-R
> or
> DVD-RAM disks. However then I have a problem. My PC's CD reader will not
> read
> the disks. I have tried with another PC fited with a DVD writer/reader and
> it
> will read the DVD-R disk but not the DVD-RAM disk. I do need the latter to
> retain quality. Anyway it appears that the DVD-R disk has a number of
> files
> on it - IFO, VOB, etc. I can copy these to my PC's hard-drive. BUT then
> both
> Windows XP Pro Media Player and Windows XP Pro Movie Maker will not open
> these files to allow me play them or rather to convert them to WMV. Please
> help!!!

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 8:12:40 AM

OK - thank you for the info. But where is Papa John's web site please.
Cheers - Chris Brady
May 26, 2005 3:31:04 PM

Oops...www.papajohn.org

Sorry!
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"CJB" <chrisjbrady03_nospam@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> OK - thank you for the info. But where is Papa John's web site please.
> Cheers - Chris Brady

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 10:01:24 AM

Thank you - its great site!! CJB.