Anyone played Prize 1.1?

I am playing the HL1 mod Prize 1.1. Robert has been generous enough to
give me hints, and I am crowding his mailbox with requests. So, to give
him a break, has anyone played this mod? I am stuck in the same place
for 3 days.
Thanx,
carolyn

Ha... I installed it and am stuck in the 1st map, the courtyard... I
have the HV suit and the crowbar but I'm damned if I can find a way to
proceed.... Guess I'm getting too old for this stuff....

--

"The Buffalo Theory"

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest
buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest
and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This
natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because
the general speed and health of the whole group keeps
improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as
fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of
alcohol, as we know, kill brain cells. But naturally,
it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.
In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the
weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more
efficient machine! That's why you always feel smarter
after a few beers.

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Ha... I installed it and am stuck in the 1st map, the courtyard... I
> have the HV suit and the crowbar but I'm damned if I can find a way to
> proceed.... Guess I'm getting too old for this stuff....
>
> On 13 Jul 2005 15:47:26 -0700, "ivorybow" <ivorybow@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>I am playing the HL1 mod Prize 1.1. Robert has been generous enough to
>>give me hints, and I am crowding his mailbox with requests. So, to give
>>him a break, has anyone played this mod? I am stuck in the same place
>>for 3 days.
>>Thanx,
>>carolyn

Yep, just finished yesterday, Had me stumped for quite a while.

Spoiler

Spoiler

spoiler

Hi CF and Carolyn

Spoiler,
So as not too ruin it for other people I will leave these hints.In
courtyard,
Think "more Light" as in covered or blocked windows, if more light grateing
in pool may become usefull, Hint, Use flashlite in dark areas.

Have fun, Rene Lamontagne

Hi cannonfodder,
I thought the same thing...have I lost my touch. But then after getting
deeper into the game, it became apparent these puzzles are really
obscure. Please email me privately and we can help each other through
the game. I am hopelessly stuck on level 5.
Carolyn
Half Life Mama
ivorybow@yahoo.com

What link do I use to find this mod?

"Fred Scharmann" <spamspam@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> What link do I use to find this mod?
>

> "ivorybow" <ivorybow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I am playing the HL1 mod Prize 1.1. Robert has been generous enough to
>> give me hints, and I am crowding his mailbox with requests. So, to give
>> him a break, has anyone played this mod? I am stuck in the same place
>> for 3 days.
>> Thanx,
>> carolyn

I Got it here. (and many others)

http://www.planetphillip.com/posts/rare-files/

Regards, Rene Lamontagne

Can you give me a hint to find the grey slave who leads me across the
lava lake? Something to do with the 3 light spots on the wooden door in
the hall?
Thanks,
carolyn

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

> Can you give me a hint to find the grey slave who leads me across the
> lava lake? Something to do with the 3 light spots on the wooden door in
> the hall?
> Thanks,
> carolyn
>
> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Hi Carolyn,

Darn, after I played it through I deleted it to make room for other mods
annd now I can't remember how I got through that lava bed, ( Damn old age, I
think some of my brain cells are becoming disconnected or dying) , Sorry I
am not much help on this one.

Regards Rene Lamontagne

A case of beer will fix ya up Rene... Read my sig....

--

>A case of beer will fix ya up Rene... Read my sig....
>
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:20:11 GMT, "Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca>
> wrote:
>
>>Darn, after I played it through I deleted it to make room for other mods
>>annd now I can't remember how I got through that lava bed, ( Damn old age,
>>think some of my brain cells are becoming disconnected or dying) , Sorry
>>am not much help on this one.

Probably would help, but I gave it up some 28 years ago, It and aspirin
nearly took me to the great beyond back then, Massive stomach Bleed, lost
about 5 pints of the red stuff that keeps us going, :)
decided to quit while I was ahead.....

Regards, Rene Lamontagne

Not to worry, the beer replaces the blood, you really don't need it
and beer won't clot.... My problem was strokes when I had that red
stuff....

--

> Not to worry, the beer replaces the blood, you really don't need it
> and beer won't clot.... My problem was strokes when I had that red
> stuff....

Yeah, the red stuff is too Thick!!! I have to keep mine thinned down with
the Warfarin rat poison. Blood clot in the anterior heart artery13 years ago
, Jeez, that dammned near sent me to meet my maker too, 35 days in hospital,
Wonder how many chances I have left??? :))

Regards, Rene Lamontagne

HeHe... Yep they're poisoning me with that stuff too, along with 6
other meds... It's fun to get old, it keeps ya on yer toes... Yer 70
and I'll be 69 in a few days.... It's a great life... Just sorry I
only have 37 years left..... Had my annual last month... Doc said "I
have good news and bad news"... The good news is that you are immortal
and will live forever... The bad news is you won't be able to enjoy
it... Ah such is life... You French have such a saying... "cest la
vive.. or something close....