Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Any Free Teleprompter Software Out there?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 11:54:35 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Anyone know of any free teleprompter software or tricks that do the same
thing?

Marvel
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 1:13:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Prof Marvel" <garee_remove_@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
news:%gexc.60409$DG4.19952@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> Anyone know of any free teleprompter software or tricks that do the same
> thing?
>
> Marvel

TROLL ALERT!. This guy has asked this question over the last couple of days
and received several answers, all of which could be uncovered by a simple
Google search. Save your time.

Steve King
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 6:59:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Steve King wrote:

> "Prof Marvel" <garee_remove_@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:%gexc.60409$DG4.19952@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
>
>>Anyone know of any free teleprompter software or tricks that do the same
>>thing?
>>
>>Marvel
>
>
> TROLL ALERT!. This guy has asked this question over the last couple of days
> and received several answers, all of which could be uncovered by a simple
> Google search. Save your time.
>
> Steve King
>
>


Wait a minute, if you're going to accuse me of being a troll, tell
people what you believe my sinister motives are; either that, or you're
just trying to censor me.

I want free teleprompter software. I posted this question in
rec.arts.video. Now I'm posting it here. I got several answers and
researched each. Today, in this thread, I got an answer that is probably
better than all of them -- now, tell us why this makes me a troll.

The truth of the matter is, you don't like me and you want to destroy my
thread. If this isn't the truth why not provide the readers with cites
showing evidence of what you're accusing me of?

Finally, there might be others who could benefit from this thread but
now may not be able to do so because of your efforts to destroy it.

Why are you doing this?

marvel
Related resources
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 6:59:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Prof Marvel" <garee_remove_@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
news:D vkxc.61405$DG4.21622@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> Steve King wrote:
>
> > "Prof Marvel" <garee_remove_@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> > news:%gexc.60409$DG4.19952@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> >
> >>Anyone know of any free teleprompter software or tricks that do the same
> >>thing?
> >>
> >>Marvel
> >
> >
> > TROLL ALERT!. This guy has asked this question over the last couple of
days
> > and received several answers, all of which could be uncovered by a
simple
> > Google search. Save your time.
> >
> > Steve King
> >
> >
>
>
> Wait a minute, if you're going to accuse me of being a troll, tell
> people what you believe my sinister motives are; either that, or you're
> just trying to censor me.
>
> I want free teleprompter software. I posted this question in
> rec.arts.video. Now I'm posting it here. I got several answers and
> researched each. Today, in this thread, I got an answer that is probably
> better than all of them -- now, tell us why this makes me a troll.
>
> The truth of the matter is, you don't like me and you want to destroy my
> thread.

Yup. You got it. Your early reply to an initial poster showed that you are
a snippy, whiney, lazy, "prick", as another poster named you. You've been
reposting the same message for several days. You have given no indication
that you've tried to do any research for yourself. Now, you've got members
of the newsgroup going to Google to look up obvious stuff for you, i.e.,
"http://www.freeteleprompter.com". I mean, how hard can that be to find.
As far as helping others, you are also delusionary, whoever you are behind
your cutsie name, Professor Marvel. You are a marvel, all right.

Steve King
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 8:42:06 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Steve King" <steve@REMOVETHISSPAMBLOCKsteveking.net> wrote in message
news:NtqdnYfh8ZlZdFjdRVn-tA@comcast.com...
> Yup. You got it.

Except that makes you the troll.
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 9:30:16 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Steve King wrote:

> "Prof Marvel" <garee_remove_@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:D vkxc.61405$DG4.21622@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
>
>>Steve King wrote:
>>
>>
>>>"Prof Marvel" <garee_remove_@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>news:%gexc.60409$DG4.19952@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
>>>
>>>
>>>>Anyone know of any free teleprompter software or tricks that do the same
>>>>thing?
>>>>
>>>>Marvel
>>>
>>>
>>>TROLL ALERT!. This guy has asked this question over the last couple of
>
> days
>
>>>and received several answers, all of which could be uncovered by a
>
> simple
>
>>>Google search. Save your time.
>>>
>>>Steve King
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>Wait a minute, if you're going to accuse me of being a troll, tell
>>people what you believe my sinister motives are; either that, or you're
>>just trying to censor me.
>>
>>I want free teleprompter software. I posted this question in
>>rec.arts.video. Now I'm posting it here. I got several answers and
>>researched each. Today, in this thread, I got an answer that is probably
>>better than all of them -- now, tell us why this makes me a troll.
>>
>>The truth of the matter is, you don't like me and you want to destroy my
>>thread.
>
>
> Yup. You got it. Your early reply to an initial poster showed that you are
> a snippy, whiney, lazy, "prick", as another poster named you. You've been
> reposting the same message for several days. You have given no indication
> that you've tried to do any research for yourself. Now, you've got members
> of the newsgroup going to Google to look up obvious stuff for you, i.e.,
> "http://www.freeteleprompter.com". I mean, how hard can that be to find.
> As far as helping others, you are also delusionary, whoever you are behind
> your cutsie name, Professor Marvel. You are a marvel, all right.
>
> Steve King
>
>


You ought parse your logic before posting it. Asking the same question
in two different newsgroups is not "trolling," not even close. And
accusing someone who does it of trying to get "others to do research for
you" borders on schizophrenia.

Get a grip, man.

I obviously offended you somewhere along the line and that's
unfortunate. But following me around and blowing up each thread I start
is immature.

Also, no one anywhere has called me a snippy, whiney, lazy prick. That
too is a figment of your imagination.

prof marvel
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 11:41:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Damien Smith wrote:
> http://www.freeteleprompter.com
>
>


Looked at the application and it seems to be one of the best out there.
The price is right too -- $99. But the web site is so tacky and they're
not even set-up to accept credit cards. Here's some text from their site:



Home
Contact
Links
Support
SoftPrompter Free Version
SoftPrompter Pro 2.0


SoftPrompter Pro 2.0 is just $99

It is highly recommended that you download the demo before sending your
hard-earned money. The reason for this is that there are

NO REFUNDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Each copy of the program is assigned a unique and indentifiable
encryption code. If you intend on using the program on more than one
computer, it is nessecary to purchase an additional copy for each
computer on which the program will be used.

There's only one method for purchasing SoftPrompter Pro 2.0...


Send $99 in a Money Order
(All other forms of payment will be returned.)
Along with a valid, working e-mail address to:

B Heck
26621 Fernwood Rd
Washington, OK 73093
February 18, 2009 4:22:07 PM

Quote:
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

TROLL ALERT!. This guy has asked this question over the last couple of days
and received several answers, all of which could be uncovered by a simple
Google search. Save your time.

Steve King


You bulls-eyed the troll, Steve. I'm with you on this one. Check out his posting just 1-day later: "Send $99 in a Money Order " from B Heck. There's your mark.
Notice the posting asking you mail in $99 w/ no refunds. As a conversion marketer, I know that Marvel didn't receive one single sale from his forum spam.

Anyway, I wrote a free teleprompter script and it's all web-based. http://instant-teleprompter.com

It's free, no ads, ridiculously simple. and there is no download or software required. It uses a webpage to dynamically create an instant, free teleprompter. There are no word limits, no memberships required, no signup even. It's just a free, web-based tool.

It's tableless and should fix any screen resolution, screen size perfectly (although I am still maximizing the available space).

Note to marvel: never piss off developers
April 2, 2009 3:27:41 PM

ScriptKitty -

I just wanted to say THANKS! your Instant-Teleprompter is freaking awesome!
works like a charm TWO times over!

I am not a programmer but I have a need for this. Is there some way that I can set this up
so I can use it directly on my computer and not be required to go online.

Do you think you could help me with this? or am I just having pipe dreams...

I may not be a programmer, however I am somewhat tech savvy, I would like to have your permission to use for personal in this situation.

April 2, 2009 3:44:51 PM

Jeff Paige said:
ScriptKitty -

I just wanted to say THANKS! your Instant-Teleprompter is freaking awesome!
works like a charm TWO times over!

I am not a programmer but I have a need for this. Is there some way that I can set this up
so I can use it directly on my computer and not be required to go online.

Do you think you could help me with this? or am I just having pipe dreams...

I may not be a programmer, however I am somewhat tech savvy, I would like to have your permission to use for personal in this situation.


Hey, thanks for the kudos on my free online teleprompter! I wish I could give you the code except it uses HTML to render the prompter and you would need a webserver installed on your computer to run it. I am afraid online is all there is...


April 2, 2009 3:54:03 PM

ScriptKitty said:
Hey, thanks for the kudos on my free online teleprompter! I wish I could give you the code except it uses HTML to render the prompter and you would need a webserver installed on your computer to run it. I am afraid online is all there is...


My laptop is a pretty stout rig... I can run a webserver on it. just gotta install something, no problem.
(webserver installed in anticipation of your kindness...) :D 
April 7, 2009 7:01:37 PM

Check out www.easyprompter.com - beats the pants off any of the other web-based teleprompters and has a portable version that lets you use it without an internet connection
April 24, 2009 2:53:09 PM

Just wanted to add that EasyPrompter.com now supports mirrored text! enjoy
June 7, 2009 9:05:30 AM

Thank you for making this available.
Just a question: would it be possible to enable some minimal html in this, or even merely a Right-to-Left option.
I ask 'cos I need to use it in Hebrew and Arabic.
Alceste

1910378,10,391963 said:


Anyway, I wrote a free teleprompter script and it's all web-based. http://instant-teleprompter.com

It's free, no ads, ridiculously simple. and there is no download or software required. It uses a webpage to dynamically create an instant, free teleprompter. There are no word limits, no memberships required, no signup even. It's just a free, web-based tool.

It's tableless and should fix any screen resolution, screen size perfectly (although I am still maximizing the available space).
said:


!