Anyone else trying to use a Decklink card for Offline work?

It appears that Decklink's so-called "OfflineRT support" is capture
only. That's nice when you work in the fantasy land where clients
don't want to actually see your work, but in the real world, it's just
not acceptable.

Oh, and the best part is that simply installing the card has disabled
our ability to send the video out via firewire, so we're worse off
than when we started. Thanks, Blackmagic.

We switched to a full-frame low-res config but then all of our
real-time effects went out the window and the project swelled to twice
its original size.

It seems as though the card can't handle anything under 720x480/486.
Has anyone else run into this?

On 8 Jun 2004 06:32:58 -0700, spammy@ridiculopathy.com (Lars Unrotin)
wrote:

>It appears that Decklink's so-called "OfflineRT support" is capture
>only. That's nice when you work in the fantasy land where clients
>don't want to actually see your work, but in the real world, it's just
>not acceptable.

You don't state what hardware you are using, but on FCP, you could
simply set your sequence-settings to something else which you _can_
output. It will require a re-render though.

>Oh, and the best part is that simply installing the card has disabled
>our ability to send the video out via firewire, so we're worse off
>than when we started. Thanks, Blackmagic.

From what I understand, you can still output to firewire, if you
choose the right codec. Now, we are still trying out the card, so I
haven't tried it myself, but the techie which installed the card,
thought it would be possible.

>We switched to a full-frame low-res config but then all of our
>real-time effects went out the window and the project swelled to twice
>its original size.

Well, it will require a re-render, but once you output your programme,
you can simply delete your render-files via the render-manager.

>It seems as though the card can't handle anything under 720x480/486.
>Has anyone else run into this?

I'll try later today and let you know. Oh, all the above is from
Mac/FCP perspective.

cheers

-martin-