Unable to play DVD's

I have been able to play DVD's on my pc in the past. Im not sure what version
my decoder is. How do i check my decoder version, and is there a freeware
version of a decoder i can find anywhere?
2 answers Last reply
More about unable play

    There is no freeware DVD decoder. It's usually WinDVD or PowerDVD that come
    preinstalled on new PCs.... www.intervideo.com and www.gocyberlink.com
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "auboy" <auboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been able to play DVD's on my pc in the past. Im not sure what
    >version
    > my decoder is. How do i check my decoder version, and is there a freeware
    > version of a decoder i can find anywhere?

    Check here: http://xinehq.de/ . I've not used it, but it's supposed to be
    free.

    Curt.

    "auboy" <auboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been able to play DVD's on my pc in the past. Im not sure what
    >version
    > my decoder is. How do i check my decoder version, and is there a freeware
    > version of a decoder i can find anywhere?

Video DVD Microsoft Decoder Windows XP