I have been able to play DVD's on my pc in the past. Im not sure what version
my decoder is. How do i check my decoder version, and is there a freeware
version of a decoder i can find anywhere?

There is no freeware DVD decoder. It's usually WinDVD or PowerDVD that come
preinstalled on new PCs.... www.intervideo.com and www.gocyberlink.com
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"auboy" <auboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been able to play DVD's on my pc in the past. Im not sure what
>version
> my decoder is. How do i check my decoder version, and is there a freeware
> version of a decoder i can find anywhere?

curt

Check here: http://xinehq.de/ . I've not used it, but it's supposed to be
free.

Curt.