Premiere 6.5 on 2000 or Pro on XP?

I've been using an LE version of Premiere that came on my Sony laptop.
I'd like to upgrade to a full version, but I'd rather use it on my
Desktop PC, which is Windows 2000. I understand that Pro only works on
XP and is a lot different that what I'm used to using (I've used the
full ver 6, but don't own it myself).

Is the upgrade to Pro worth also upgrading my W2K machine? Or is it
better for someone in my case to track down a full official 6.5 CD on
Ebay and use it in Windows 2000?

Thanks.

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Travis Pupkin <tpupkin@dorrk.com> wrote:
>Is the upgrade to Pro worth also upgrading my W2K machine? Or is it
>better for someone in my case to track down a full official 6.5 CD on
>Ebay and use it in Windows 2000?

That depends on your computer... Pro, to work well, requires a LOT
more computing power than does the 6x version

I use 6.01 on a 1ghz pent3 with 512ram and do Ok, but can't consider
upgrading to Pro since my computer is "barely" at the low end of the
hardware requirement for what Pro will use at all

There are also special forums for both products you may want to read

Premiere through 6.5
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b372

Premiere Pro
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de9c1bf