Premiere input error driving me crazy

I have installed Adobe Premiere and the input from a Sony DV camera
works great until you are done recording and hit the stop button. The
errors are:

RECORDER ERROR
DRIVER ERROR

little popup windows with this are all over the place and you can not
close them down. You have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and hard delete the running
premiere application. When I start up the program again, the video
capture is sitting in the TEMP work directory and seems to be fine.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

BTW, it is Premiere Pro v7.0