Can't watch video thats on laptop on TV

I have tried everything I know and all i get is a black screen where picture
should be. I can see borders and everything else but no picture. How can I
fix this.

bear016 Wrote:
> I have tried everything I know and all i get is a black screen where
> picture
> should be. I can see borders and everything else but no picture. How
> can I
> fix this.
bear016,
Can you give us a little more info so we don't have to guess?
Example; I have a (desktop/laptop) that has a (brand) tv-tuner card,
that uses the (application) and driver (version) to watch tv. I am
using (version) of Direct X. Start, Run, Type "dxdiag" without quotes.
Should be version 9.0c
You might want to run the tests while your there.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

"Treeman" <Treeman.1q371n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> bear016 Wrote:
>> I have tried everything I know and all i get is a black screen where
>> picture
>> should be. I can see borders and everything else but no picture. How
>> can I
>> fix this.
> bear016,
> Can you give us a little more info so we don't have to guess?

Oh come one where is the fun in that LOL
Graham

Just tryin' to help out Graham!
Any news from your MS buddy on firewire? Do they have thier own blog or
dev. newsgroup?
Would love to lurk a little.
(from here I can throw a rock at Redmond!)
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

mail me.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Treeman" <Treeman.1q3zh4@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> Just tryin' to help out Graham!
> Any news from your MS buddy on firewire? Do they have thier own blog or
> dev. newsgroup?
> Would love to lurk a little.
> (from here I can throw a rock at Redmond!)
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

Sam

This problem is driving me crazy. I used to be able to watch videos without
any trouble, but since "updating" my windows, I can't manage. I can hook up
to the TV and see my desktop there, but video won't play on the secondary
monitor. I can't seem to make the TV the primary monitor (maybe because I am
using a laptop?). Is there any solution to this or has the service pack
taken away this useful feature of my computer?

"bear016" wrote:

> I have tried everything I know and all i get is a black screen where picture
> should be. I can see borders and everything else but no picture. How can I
> fix this.

Check it hasn't replaced the graphics drivers with windows ones, you need to
use ones from the laptop manufacturer only.
--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media