Can't watch video thats on laptop on TV

I have tried everything I know and all i get is a black screen where picture
should be. I can see borders and everything else but no picture. How can I
fix this.
6 answers Last reply
More about watch video laptop

    bear016 Wrote:
    > I have tried everything I know and all i get is a black screen where
    > picture
    > should be. I can see borders and everything else but no picture. How
    > can I
    > fix this.
    bear016,
    Can you give us a little more info so we don't have to guess?
    Example; I have a (desktop/laptop) that has a (brand) tv-tuner card,
    that uses the (application) and driver (version) to watch tv. I am
    using (version) of Direct X. Start, Run, Type "dxdiag" without quotes.
    Should be version 9.0c
    You might want to run the tests while your there.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    "Treeman" <Treeman.1q371n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > bear016 Wrote:
    >> I have tried everything I know and all i get is a black screen where
    >> picture
    >> should be. I can see borders and everything else but no picture. How
    >> can I
    >> fix this.
    > bear016,
    > Can you give us a little more info so we don't have to guess?

    Oh come one where is the fun in that LOL
    Graham

    Just tryin' to help out Graham!
    Any news from your MS buddy on firewire? Do they have thier own blog or
    dev. newsgroup?
    Would love to lurk a little.
    (from here I can throw a rock at Redmond!)
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    mail me.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Treeman" <Treeman.1q3zh4@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

    > Just tryin' to help out Graham!
    > Any news from your MS buddy on firewire? Do they have thier own blog or
    > dev. newsgroup?
    > Would love to lurk a little.
    > (from here I can throw a rock at Redmond!)
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

    This problem is driving me crazy. I used to be able to watch videos without
    any trouble, but since "updating" my windows, I can't manage. I can hook up
    to the TV and see my desktop there, but video won't play on the secondary
    monitor. I can't seem to make the TV the primary monitor (maybe because I am
    using a laptop?). Is there any solution to this or has the service pack
    taken away this useful feature of my computer?

    "bear016" wrote:

    > I have tried everything I know and all i get is a black screen where picture
    > should be. I can see borders and everything else but no picture. How can I
    > fix this.

    Check it hasn't replaced the graphics drivers with windows ones, you need to
    use ones from the laptop manufacturer only.
    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This problem is driving me crazy. I used to be able to watch videos
    > without
    > any trouble, but since "updating" my windows, I can't manage. I can hook
    > up
    > to the TV and see my desktop there, but video won't play on the secondary
    > monitor. I can't seem to make the TV the primary monitor (maybe because I
    > am
    > using a laptop?). Is there any solution to this or has the service pack
    > taken away this useful feature of my computer?
    >
    > "bear016" wrote:
    >
    >> I have tried everything I know and all i get is a black screen where
    >> picture
    >> should be. I can see borders and everything else but no picture. How can
    >> fix this.

Video Laptops TV Microsoft Windows XP