Help converting mpeg to dvd

Josh

Hi, I am having trouble converting a file I uploaded to my computer
from Tivo to dvd. I used Sonic Mydvd to get it onto my desktop and
tried to burn it to dvd with Nero but it say the file format (mpeg) is
not compatible. Are there any free or cheap programs out there that
will convert my file into a Nero friendly format? Thanks.

On 10 Jun 2004 09:37:24 -0700, josh@dodgeit.com (Josh) wrote:
>Hi, I am having trouble converting a file I uploaded to my computer
>from Tivo to dvd. I used Sonic Mydvd to get it onto my desktop and
>tried to burn it to dvd with Nero but it say the file format (mpeg) is
>not compatible. Are there any free or cheap programs out there that
>will convert my file into a Nero friendly format? Thanks.

Since I use Sonic MyDvd to actually do the DVD writing, I do not
understand why you are trying to use another program

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

"Josh" <josh@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I am having trouble converting a file I uploaded to my computer
> from Tivo to dvd. I used Sonic Mydvd to get it onto my desktop and
> tried to burn it to dvd with Nero but it say the file format (mpeg) is
> not compatible. Are there any free or cheap programs out there that
> will convert my file into a Nero friendly format? Thanks.

Are you saying that you have a standalone TiVo 1 or 2 that
you have HMO or you have modified your unit so you can
output your "TY" files? Then you converted the "TY" files to a
DVD compliant format such as Sonic MyDVD can work with,
then had MyDVD do something other than author the files?

Pls. explain: "I used Sonic Mydvd to get it onto my desktop".

It would seem if you have acquired a way to "upload" a TiVo
file to your computer, you would have been provided with
information on how to use the files. At the least you could
try "TY Tools", but from your post you need to gain a better
understanding of how your current setup works.

Luck;
Ken

if its a standard mpeg2 file the tivo has transferred to your pc then you
need to AUTHOR the file using authoring software.....this creates all the
little extra files the dvd needs plus a menu if you want it...then and only
then will nero accept it and burn it to dvd

so go look for dvd authoring software