DVD Player issues

Hi,

I'm at a loss now... so here I am. Sometimes my dvd player works fine..
other times it will not read any disc that I put it.

The drivers are up to date and Microsofts trouble shooting isn't helping me
any.
4 answers Last reply
More about player issues

    "Hobogbo" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm at a loss now... so here I am. Sometimes my dvd player works fine..
    > other times it will not read any disc that I put it.
    >
    > The drivers are up to date and Microsofts trouble shooting isn't helping me
    > any.

    Is this a dvd player in the pc, a stand alone through the tv? How old is it?
    What sort of discs play, commercial ones but home made ones don't? Does it
    play cd's? Have you tried cleaning it?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Hobogbo" <Hobogbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm at a loss now... so here I am. Sometimes my dvd player works fine..
    > other times it will not read any disc that I put it.
    >
    > The drivers are up to date and Microsofts trouble shooting isn't helping
    > me
    > any.

    It is a dvd player in the computer. It is about two years old (same as the
    computer).
    It will play all discs home made and commercial when it wants. When it
    doesn't feel like it, it won't play anything.

    (It doesn't even detect the disc) <-- that is the whole problem really. Like
    I said sometimes it works with no problems and other times it doesn't matter
    what type of disc I put it... DVD (home made or commercial), music cd, or PC
    game.

    I get "Please insert disc into drive D:."

    It shows up in properties as

    _NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A Type: DVD/CD-R Drive
    Manufacturer: (Standard CD-R Drives) *It's made by dell same as the computer
    Location: Location 0(0) *it's always said this
    Device Status: This device is working properly.

    Thanks for the responce

    "Graham Hughes" wrote:

    > Is this a dvd player in the pc, a stand alone through the tv? How old is it?
    > What sort of discs play, commercial ones but home made ones don't? Does it
    > play cd's? Have you tried cleaning it?
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "Hobogbo" <Hobogbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm at a loss now... so here I am. Sometimes my dvd player works fine..
    > > other times it will not read any disc that I put it.
    > >
    > > The drivers are up to date and Microsofts trouble shooting isn't helping
    > > me
    > > any.

    Sounds like the laser is too dirty to detect the disk. It may be time to
    replace the drive, thankfully they are now a lot cheaper than they were two
    years ago.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    > It is a dvd player in the computer. It is about two years old (same as the
    > computer).
    > It will play all discs home made and commercial when it wants. When it
    > doesn't feel like it, it won't play anything.
    >
    > (It doesn't even detect the disc) <-- that is the whole problem really.
    > Like
    > I said sometimes it works with no problems and other times it doesn't
    > matter
    > what type of disc I put it... DVD (home made or commercial), music cd, or
    > PC
    > game.
    >
    > I get "Please insert disc into drive D:."
    >
    > It shows up in properties as
    >
    > _NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A Type: DVD/CD-R Drive
    > Manufacturer: (Standard CD-R Drives) *It's made by dell same as the
    > computer
    > Location: Location 0(0) *it's always said this
    > Device Status: This device is working properly.
    >
    > Thanks for the responce
    >

    > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
    >
    >> Is this a dvd player in the pc, a stand alone through the tv? How old is
    >> it?
    >> What sort of discs play, commercial ones but home made ones don't? Does
    >> it
    >> play cd's? Have you tried cleaning it?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Graham Hughes
    >> MVP Digital Media
    >> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
    >> www.dvds2treasure.com
    >> www.simplydv.com
    >>

    >> "Hobogbo" <Hobogbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I'm at a loss now... so here I am. Sometimes my dvd player works
    >> > fine..
    >> > other times it will not read any disc that I put it.
    >> >
    >> > The drivers are up to date and Microsofts trouble shooting isn't
    >> > helping
    >> > me
    >> > any.

Video DVD Players Microsoft Windows XP