Pinnacle Studio 9 - audio & video not in sync after adding..

mark

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd (More info?)

After adding a menu to my project, my audio is now out of sync with
the video. The first 3 chapters are in sync. After that they are
not. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Does anyone
have a solution to this issue? Thanks for any assistance...

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd (More info?)

I Have the same problem using Studio 8. Sync is fine until I use a
transiton. Then audio is out of sync for the rest of the entire video. I
just chose to stop using transitions.

Another remedy would be preferable.

John C. French

Mark wrote:

> After adding a menu to my project, my audio is now out of sync with
> the video. The first 3 chapters are in sync. After that they are
> not. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Does anyone
> have a solution to this issue? Thanks for any assistance...

There is an update available (9.0.8, I think). I have no idea if
that would fix the problem, but if you haven't updated, it might
be worth a try to see if it is a bug that has been fixed.

Carlos

Mark wrote:

> After adding a menu to my project, my audio is now out of sync with
> the video. The first 3 chapters are in sync. After that they are
> not. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Does anyone
> have a solution to this issue? Thanks for any assistance...

You may not like it, but the solution is to switch to a program other
than Pinnacle Studio. As you have realized, Studio is far from being
bug free.

-WD

Mark wrote:
> After adding a menu to my project, my audio is now out of sync with
> the video. The first 3 chapters are in sync. After that they are
> not. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Does anyone
> have a solution to this issue? Thanks for any assistance...

It sounds like you may have locked down the audio track when you added the
menu. This means the video track time-shifted, but the audio track didn't.
Without knowing more details about your project, that's what I'd check into
first.

Mike

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd (More info?)

Geez, it would be nice to know how you captured the files you are
working on and what they are.

Mark wrote:
> After adding a menu to my project, my audio is now out of sync with
> the video. The first 3 chapters are in sync. After that they are
> not. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Does anyone
> have a solution to this issue? Thanks for any assistance...

Without knowledge on the details of the project it is not easy...

Take the original project (without the menu(s)). Create an AVI (same parameters
as for the project). Check for Synch.

Create a new project, break the AVI at the chapter points, add the menu(s) and
set the chapter points.

Ciao,
--
Roberto Divia` Love at first sight is one of the greatest
============= labour-saving devices the world has ever seen.

ME

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd (More info?)

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:06:38 -0400, Carlos Moreno
<moreno_at_mochima_dot_com@xx.xxx> wrote:

>Mark wrote:
>
>> After adding a menu to my project, my audio is now out of sync with
>> the video. The first 3 chapters are in sync. After that they are
>> not. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Does anyone
>> have a solution to this issue? Thanks for any assistance...
>
>There is an update available (9.0.8, I think). I have no idea if
>that would fix the problem, but if you haven't updated, it might
>be worth a try to see if it is a bug that has been fixed.
>
>Carlos

There's a newer release - 9.1.2 or something that has been working
great for me. You can get it here:

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/studio9patch