Software to slow

Software to change the play rate on a avi or dv file.I would like to
know if there is a program that would change the playing rate of a
file.Not one that adds frames or subtacts frames but keeps the same
frame amout but changes the speed it plays.

Thank You
Don Murphy

There's nothing i like more than finding a love letter from Don Murphy
<don.murphy@comcast.net>:

>Software to change the play rate on a avi or dv file.I would like to
>know if there is a program that would change the playing rate of a
>file.Not one that adds frames or subtacts frames but keeps the same
>frame amout but changes the speed it plays.

It's impossible to create a file that has variable frame rate per
second, any editor that changes the speed of the video will have to
add or subtract frames to stick within the final FPS rate.

You can do this on playback of course, for example windows media
player 9 you can access the extra controls which features playback
speed.

--
Kas em a bout Gravy Gong bermempish - It's REEF!

Joe

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Don Murphy wrote:

> Software to change the play rate on a avi or dv file.I would like to
> know if there is a program that would change the playing rate of a
> file.Not one that adds frames or subtacts frames but keeps the same
> frame amout but changes the speed it plays.
>
> Thank You
> Don Murphy

Normally that's a function reserved to the player. Players like GDivx, can
play at slower or faster fps. I'm sure various "advanced" players will
offer the same features.