DVD-rom shown as CD-rom

My device manager show my dvd-rom as a cr-rom drive is this normal?
--
My Love, My Life, My Everything.....

"Shelia Holland" <agnus_alawishyous@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> My device manager show my dvd-rom as a cr-rom drive is this normal?

Is it working (i.e. can it read CD-ROMS and DVD's?)

If yes, then you're fine...some optical drives simply get misidentified
but otherwise operate OK.

> --
> My Love, My Life, My Everything.....

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 12:09:49 -0700, "Shelia Holland"
<agnus_alawishyous@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>My device manager show my dvd-rom as a cr-rom drive is this normal?

Actually, your DVD-ROM drive may show as a CD-R when a CD-R disc is in
the drive, and as a DVD-ROM drive when a DVD-Rom disc in in the drive.

I have a DVD-R/CD-RW/CD-R combo drive, and such is the case. When a
DVD-R disc is in the drive, it shows up as a DVD drive; when a CD-RW
disc is in the drive, it shows up as a CD-RW drive, and when a CD-R
disc is in the drive, it shows up as a CD-R drive. When no disc is in
the drive, it shows up as a DVD/CD-RW drive.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that others may be instructed or informed