Connecting DV Camcorder to Computer

I have a new HP with Windows XP Pro and a Canon Elura 50 DV Camcorder. I have
purchased a firewire IEEE 1394 and have hooked them up, but I cannot get it
to work. Help ASAP this is for my junior french final!!!

Make sure the camcorder is turned on and in VCR mode... also that it is
using an external power source, not its battery.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Bill L" <Bill L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new HP with Windows XP Pro and a Canon Elura 50 DV Camcorder. I
>have
> purchased a firewire IEEE 1394 and have hooked them up, but I cannot get
> it
> to work. Help ASAP this is for my junior french final!!!

Bill, What Cari said is right on. If your still having problems check
out Mr. Graham Hughes website;
'My Camcorder has stopped working since installing SP2'
(http://tinyurl.com/c2p89)
Best,
Treeman

--