Sony TRV-22 choppy sound

I have had this camea for a year now. Now all of a sudden when I video tape the
sound is all choppy when I play it back. So bad you can't even make out what
the audio is. Any ideas?

Msug1@aol.com

On 13 Jun 2004 14:51:49 GMT, msug1@aol.com (MSug1) wrote:

>I have had this camea for a year now. Now all of a sudden when I video tape the
>sound is all choppy when I play it back. So bad you can't even make out what
>the audio is. Any ideas?

Clean the tape heads, first thing to check out. If the signal is
bad, the first thing to go can be the audio, before you see dropouts
in the video.

A damaged/defective tape can do the same thing. But you'd be able
to play other tapes -- if it is all tapes, it has to be the camcorder.

The other thing would be damage/misalignment to the VCR mechanism
itself, but usually you can record new tapes which play fine -- it is
older tapes which do not.