pixel shaders v1.1

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.directx.video,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Hi there,

I am trying to install Lego Star Wars onto a machine and it comes up with an
error message saying can't play the game due to not having Pixel Shaders
v.1.1 in it.

Does the Pixel Shaders come with the Direct X? I have Direct X 9 in the
machine. Or does Pixel Shaders come with the video card itself?

Thanks,

Gordon
5 answers Last reply
More about pixel shaders
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.directx.video,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    Both. The Pixel shader is a hardware acceleration feature and needs tobe
    supported by your graphics card. Furthermore you need the latest drivers and
    DirectX runtime too.

    --
    Rehan
    MS MVP -- Digital Media

    "Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am trying to install Lego Star Wars onto a machine and it comes up with
    > an
    > error message saying can't play the game due to not having Pixel Shaders
    > v.1.1 in it.
    >
    > Does the Pixel Shaders come with the Direct X? I have Direct X 9 in the
    > machine. Or does Pixel Shaders come with the video card itself?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gordon

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.directx.video,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    Hi Rehan,

    I have a GeForce 4 Nvidia graphics card 128 mb memory....

    Shouldn't it be working with that graphics card?

    Thanks,

    Gordon

    "Rehan" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
    > Both. The Pixel shader is a hardware acceleration feature and needs tobe
    > supported by your graphics card. Furthermore you need the latest drivers
    and
    > DirectX runtime too.
    >
    > --
    > Rehan
    > MS MVP -- Digital Media
    > www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
    >

    > "Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > Hi there,
    > >
    > > I am trying to install Lego Star Wars onto a machine and it comes up
    with
    > > an
    > > error message saying can't play the game due to not having Pixel Shaders
    > > v.1.1 in it.
    > >
    > > Does the Pixel Shaders come with the Direct X? I have Direct X 9 in the
    > > machine. Or does Pixel Shaders come with the video card itself?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Gordon

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.directx.video,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    Gordon J. Rattray wrote:
    > Hi Rehan,
    >
    > I have a GeForce 4 Nvidia graphics card 128 mb memory....
    >
    > Shouldn't it be working with that graphics card?

    Yes it should. Have u got updated drivers from the manufacturer or
    nvidia and the directx runtime from microsoft site?

    --
    Rehan
    MS MVP (Digital Media)

    "Rehan" wrote:
    > Gordon J. Rattray wrote:
    > > Hi Rehan,
    > >
    > > I have a GeForce 4 Nvidia graphics card 128 mb memory....
    > >
    > > Shouldn't it be working with that graphics card?
    > >

    > Yes it should. Have u got updated drivers from the
    > manufacturer or
    > nvidia and the directx runtime from microsoft site?
    >
    > --
    > Rehan
    > MS MVP (Digital Media)
    > www.rehanfx.org -- get effects & transitions for MM2

    To me it says that my graphic card cant support the pixel shaders
    v1.1. My graphic card is a GForce 4 MX whith 64mb of memory. Shouldnt
    it work aswell? I have the latest driver installed so i dont
    understand

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Video-pixel-shaders-v1-ftopict543431.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1733590
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.directx.video,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    The GeForce4 does not have hardware pixel shader support.

    You'll need to get a more modern video card.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Cybermaster" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > "Rehan" wrote:
    > > Gordon J. Rattray wrote:
    > > > Hi Rehan,
    > > >
    > > > I have a GeForce 4 Nvidia graphics card 128 mb memory....
    > > >
    > > > Shouldn't it be working with that graphics card?
    > > >

    > > Yes it should. Have u got updated drivers from the
    > > manufacturer or
    > > nvidia and the directx runtime from microsoft site?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Rehan
    > > MS MVP (Digital Media)
    > > www.rehanfx.org -- get effects & transitions for MM2
    >
    > To me it says that my graphic card cant support the pixel shaders
    > v1.1. My graphic card is a GForce 4 MX whith 64mb of memory. Shouldnt
    > it work aswell? I have the latest driver installed so i dont
    > understand

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Video-pixel-shaders-v1-ftopict543431.html