Hi all:

I just got a new Dell computer with XP Home but the person who sold it to me
installed a DVD RW dirvei in it for me. I cannot play any DVDs on it, but I
can read the drive (in explorer). Also, if I try to play the DVDs in
Windows Media Player, it says it does not have the codecs. I installed
codecs from

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/format/codecdownload.aspx and
executed the wm9codecs.exe

It sitll does not play. I also went to

http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Media/microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player/2004-05/12632.html

and it appears that I have to pay to buy a package from one of those
companies (and I am not sure if I will get the right codec even then).

Actually I am more interested in the codecs than the player, because I am
trying to use the WM Encoder to encode the DVD files into WMV.

Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance.
--
Anil Gupte