Prog to convert MP3s to 44.1 freq?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

I used Total Recorder (TR) to convert some language wavs to MP3, not
realizing that only 44.1 can be put on a CD. The closest freq TR has is 40
but that's not acceptable according to Sony CD Extreme.

Anyone know of a prog that could run a batch conversion job? A freebee would
be great
:-)

TIA

RF
14 answers Last reply
More about prog convert mp3s freq
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    "RedFox" <RedFox@NoWhere.con> wrote -

    > I used Total Recorder (TR) to convert some language wavs to MP3, not
    > realizing that only 44.1 can be put on a CD. The closest freq TR has is 40
    > but that's not acceptable according to Sony CD Extreme.
    >
    > Anyone know of a prog that could run a batch conversion job?

    This is an FAQ on alt.music.mp3 ; go get DadiOH's dandies
    and you should find the answer there.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Please download Audio Splitter Convertor.
    It may help you.
    You can download from:
    http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/11/1/2/11-1-2-166.shtml
    or
    from their Site:
    http://www.coolextractor.com/
    It can
    1.It can split one Audio File (Mp3 ,Wav ,WMA ,Ogg) into smaller Audio
    files(MP3,Wav ,WMA,Ogg).
    2.It can can convert to all supported formats and you can switch
    between formats in one click!
    3.It can convert Mp3 ,Wav ,WMA ,Ogg from one format to another
    4.Allow for changing the property of the MP3 Wav, Ogg, Wma(such as
    Sample Rate,Bit Rate). CBR (constant bitrate) and two types of
    variable bitrate, VBR and ABR.
    5.converts mp3,wma,Ogg into CD quality format wave files ready to
    burn.
    6.Visually define the time you want to split at by using slider bar.
    7.Allows for playing from the time before adding it into the splitting
    list.
    8Allows for previewing each section before doing the real splitting.
    9.Registered users receive free upgrades and support for life.
    10.Audio format conversion executes directly without any temporary
    files, and thus enables high converting speed and economy of hard disk
    resource.
    11.You can change bitrate , sample rate, stereo modes and other
    settings;
  3. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    "RedFox" <RedFox@NoWhere.con> wrote in

    > I used Total Recorder (TR) to convert some language wavs to MP3, not
    > realizing that only 44.1 can be put on a CD. The closest freq TR has
    > is 40 but that's not acceptable according to Sony CD Extreme.

    Note that it's impossible to generate the original soundfiles with the
    original quality... mp3 is still a lossy format.

    Regards,
    Wald
  4. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    wald wrote:

    >"RedFox" <RedFox@NoWhere.con> wrote in
    >
    >> I used Total Recorder (TR) to convert some language wavs to MP3, not
    >> realizing that only 44.1 can be put on a CD. The closest freq TR has
    >> is 40 but that's not acceptable according to Sony CD Extreme.
    >
    >Note that it's impossible to generate the original soundfiles with the
    >original quality... mp3 is still a lossy format.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Wald

    Note that converting to WAV and recompressing one time will not
    noticeably affect the sound quality.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    RedFox wrote:
    > I used Total Recorder (TR) to convert some language wavs to MP3, not
    > realizing that only 44.1 can be put on a CD. The closest freq TR
    > has is 40 but that's not acceptable according to Sony CD Extreme.

    I have never heard of that frequency. Nor do I understand how you could
    possibly get such with TR as the only sampling frequencies available in it
    are the normal ones of 48, 44.1, 32, 24, 22.05, 16, 12, 11.025, and 8 Hz.
    __________________________

    > Anyone know of a prog that could run a batch conversion job? A
    > freebee would be great

    The MP3s have to first be converted to wave. After that, anything that can
    resample a wave. That includes Windows Sound Recorder. However, if you are
    making an audio CD (that's what needs 44.1 Hz) there is no reason to do so
    as you can just write the original files - those from which you made the
    MP3s. If for some reason you no longer have the original waves, you can use
    CDex to transparently decode/resample/reencode.
    http://www.cdex.n3.net/

    If you are trying to get your MP3s onto a CD _as_ MP3s you still need to do
    nothing. Well, you do have to select "data" instead of "audio" in
    CDExtreme.

    --
    dadiOH
    _____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
    ____________________________
  6. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    There's nothing i like more than finding a love letter from "RedFox"
    <RedFox@NoWhere.con>:

    >I used Total Recorder (TR) to convert some language wavs to MP3, not
    >realizing that only 44.1 can be put on a CD. The closest freq TR has is 40
    >but that's not acceptable according to Sony CD Extreme.

    Are you trying to create an audio cd? If so then Nero is possibly the
    best way of doing this, you simply create audio CD, then drag the
    MP3's and burn, it converts the mp3's to the correct rate for you as
    it goes.

    --
    Kas em a bout Gravy Gong bermempish - It's REEF!
  7. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4927.1200
    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 06:38:17 GMT,
    "RedFox" wrote this message:

    >I used Total Recorder (TR) to convert some language wavs to MP3, not
    >realizing that only 44.1 can be put on a CD. The closest freq TR has is 40
    >but that's not acceptable according to Sony CD Extreme.
    >
    >Anyone know of a prog that could run a batch conversion job? A freebee would
    >be great
    >:-)

    dBpowerAMP Music Converter
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

    /CoMa

    --
    Conny (CoMa) Magnusson
    hubbabub@algonet.se

    In article <tJbzc.4353$Wr.3422@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>
    "RedFox" <RedFox@NoWhere.con> wrote:

    > I used Total Recorder (TR) to convert some language wavs to MP3, not
    > realizing that only 44.1 can be put on a CD. The closest freq TR has is 40
    > but that's not acceptable according to Sony CD Extreme.
    >
    > Anyone know of a prog that could run a batch conversion job? A freebee would
    > be great
    > :-)
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > RF

    Use CDex (freeware) - allows conversions between many types of
    formats, including re-encoding files to different frequencies such as
    44.1. Can do batch conversions.

    Latest version is 1.51 (and very good), however the CDRIP.DLL file
    may cause some problems. If you have any problems starting CDex
    after installing v1.51, download the zip of 1.50, unzip it into a
    temp folder & move the CDRIP.DLL file across to replace the one in
    the CDex program directory.

    Please don't think that it is not a good program just because of that
    hitch. I've found it invaluable as I download a lot of old jazz
    recordings that are often done at 22MHz, and it only takes a few
    minutes to convert them all to CD correct files.

    The main page is at http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/downloads.php , and
    all versions can be downloaded from
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=567 .

    Good luck.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    On 14 Jun 2004 06:20:39 -0700, tjshif@citiz.net (wise man) wrote:

    >Please download Audio Splitter Convertor.

    Or don't bother. Anyone who crossposts about a $19.95 product in a
    freeware newsgroup is obviously an idiot. Unlikely to produce anything
    worth downloading.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    It would appear that Redfox wrote...

    >> Thank you all very much for the great response.
    >>
    >> The attached image if for unbeliever Dadioh. In the conversion
    >> choices there is only one MP and that is MPEG Layer 3, which I
    >> assume is MP3.

    Sorry to reply here but my ISP filters news messages to which lamers have
    attached binaries so I can't see it. Apparently - if I could see it - it
    confirms the fact that you haven't a clue about what you are doing.

    --
    dadiOH
    _____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
    ____________________________
  11. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    Search for a program Shuffler Music Converter.
    Works great for me.

    Richard

    ---
  12. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    "CoMa" wrote:
    > "RedFox" wrote this message:
    >
    > >I used Total Recorder (TR) to convert some language wavs to MP3, not
    > >realizing that only 44.1 can be put on a CD. The closest freq TR has is 40
    > >but that's not acceptable according to Sony CD Extreme.
    > >
    > >Anyone know of a prog that could run a batch conversion job? A freebee would
    > >be great
    > >:-)
    >

    > dBpowerAMP Music Converter
    > http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

    Seconded on the dBPowerAmp; it's a wonderful tool, small, quick, efficient, and free.

    Jon
  13. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

    "Jon Danniken" <jonREMOVETHISdanniken@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > > >Anyone know of a prog that could run a batch conversion job?

    > > dBpowerAMP Music Converter

    > Seconded on the dBPowerAmp; it's a wonderful tool, small, quick,
    efficient, and free.

    I haven't seen any of the earlier posts in this thread, so it may have
    already been mentioned, but have you tried "CDex"?

    I've used it for for a few years now and it does a great job of
    ripping/converting (WAV > MP3 > WAV) and also supports freeDB (CDDB).

    You can find it here:
    http://www.cdex.n3.net/

    --
    Regards
    Ripperoo

    "futureworlds" <nobody@mail.futureworlds.it> wrote in message
    > In article <tJbzc.4353$Wr.3422@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>
    > "RedFox" <RedFox@NoWhere.con> wrote:
    > >
    > > I used Total Recorder (TR) to convert some language wavs to MP3, not
    > > realizing that only 44.1 can be put on a CD. The closest freq TR has is
    40
    > > but that's not acceptable according to Sony CD Extreme.
    > >
    > > Anyone know of a prog that could run a batch conversion job? A freebee
    would
    > > be great
    > > :-)
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > RF
    >
    > Use CDex (freeware) - allows conversions between many types of
    > formats, including re-encoding files to different frequencies such as
    > 44.1. Can do batch conversions.
    >
    > Latest version is 1.51 (and very good), however the CDRIP.DLL file
    > may cause some problems. If you have any problems starting CDex
    > after installing v1.51, download the zip of 1.50, unzip it into a
    > temp folder & move the CDRIP.DLL file across to replace the one in
    > the CDex program directory.
    >
    > Please don't think that it is not a good program just because of that
    > hitch. I've found it invaluable as I download a lot of old jazz
    > recordings that are often done at 22MHz, and it only takes a few
    > minutes to convert them all to CD correct files.
    >
    > The main page is at http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/downloads.php , and
    > all versions can be downloaded from
    > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=567 .
    >
    > Good luck.

    Thanks to all for the great posts and the well deserved mauling ;-)

    Yes, I streaked through that effort to put the mp3s onto the CD and
    didn't notice that the TR settings were bit rate and NOT frequency

    As it happens, I originally wanted to put the files on the CD in ogg format
    but
    Sony Extreme bawled at me, just as it did for the MP3s. Thanks to your well
    deserved whacking and enlightenment, I formatted the CD for data and copied
    all the oggs.

    Great to have such a great bunch around when help is needed.

    Have a wonderful weekend :-)

    RF

Tuner Cards Multimedia CD-Rom Graphics