Movie Maker to DVD

Can anyone help me through taking a Movie created on Movie Maker on to a DVD
using Sonics My DVD?
5 answers Last reply
More about movie maker

    Once you've finished your video in Movie Maker click on Save to My Computer.
    From the Drop Down Menu, select DV-AVI format as the file format.... you'll
    need 12gb per hour of video.

    Once it's saved, remember where you saved it and what you called it.

    Open SonicMyDVD... Import the DV-AVI file and then burn the DVD.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    > Can anyone help me through taking a Movie created on Movie Maker on to a
    > DVD
    > using Sonics My DVD?

    OUTSTANDING!! I, and my family, thank you for your prompt and very accurate
    help. This did it.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Once you've finished your video in Movie Maker click on Save to My Computer.
    > From the Drop Down Menu, select DV-AVI format as the file format.... you'll
    > need 12gb per hour of video.
    >
    > Once it's saved, remember where you saved it and what you called it.
    >
    > Open SonicMyDVD... Import the DV-AVI file and then burn the DVD.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone help me through taking a Movie created on Movie Maker on to a
    > > DVD
    > > using Sonics My DVD?

    You're very welcome!
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Dan" wrote:

    > Can anyone help me through taking a Movie created on Movie Maker on to a DVD
    > using Sonics My DVD?

    CAn anyone help me???

    I have made a movie on movie makes and do not know how to put it on DVD. It
    is too large and if I make it avi file loses lots of quality. Do you need
    this software such as Using Sonics My DVD to do this?? Is it possible to
    save as Mpeg11

    Many thanks

    Caroline

    First thing to do is to stop looking at the size of the DV-AVI file. It
    should be approximately 12gb per hour of video but that fact is totally
    irrelevant.

    When you re-encode the file and burn it to a DVD, you can fit an hour of
    video easily on to a single layer 4.7gb DVD... and if you use LP,
    approximately two hours.

    MPEG1 is NOT DVD quality. It is VCD quality which is LOWER than the
    standard VHS cassette tape.

    Second thing to do is read the manual that comes with your third party DVD
    burning program.

    Third thing is to edit your movie in MovieMaker, and then save as a DV-AVI
    file. Again, do NOT worry about the size of the file... the only reason you
    would even need to consider this factor is when you check your hard drive
    has enough free space to fit the file on it.

    Fourth.. open your third party DVD burning software and import the DV-AVI
    file. Tell it to make the DVD... which of course you now know how to do
    because you've read the manual.

    Sit back, let it re-encode and burn the DVD. Don't surf, play games, music
    or do anything else while it's working. Step away from the PC and go do the
    vacuuming, the laundry, make coffee, clean the bathroom, kitchen, bedroom...
    whatever you like, just don't touch that PC until the DVD is finished
    burning and (usually) ejects itself.

    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "caroline" <caroline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > CAn anyone help me???
    >
    > I have made a movie on movie makes and do not know how to put it on DVD.
    > It
    > is too large and if I make it avi file loses lots of quality. Do you need
    > this software such as Using Sonics My DVD to do this?? Is it possible to
    > save as Mpeg11
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Caroline

Video DVD Microsoft Movie Maker Windows XP