technician

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005

Hi there. I and a buddy on the other coast have webcams and I would like to
use them so we can video conference. We both have broadband service. I have
XP Pro and he has 2000. I tried asking Creative Labs for help but they
referred me to MS. We have successfully gotten a HamRadio program called
Echo-Link to work. I realize that this is more hardware intensive. We did
have partial success a LONG time ago when we were using a different program,
I think. Any help suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

CT

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Technician wrote:
> Hi there. I and a buddy on the other coast have webcams and I would like to
> use them so we can video conference. We both have broadband service. I have
> XP Pro and he has 2000. I tried asking Creative Labs for help but they
> referred me to MS. We have successfully gotten a HamRadio program called
> Echo-Link to work. I realize that this is more hardware intensive. We did
> have partial success a LONG time ago when we were using a different program,
> I think. Any help suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

I suggest you go to www.Camtrek.com and get the best performing,
inexpensive personal and private videoconference software available.
You'll never be sorry for this very small monthly investment that will
allow you both to videoconference anytime without others sharing your
sessions unless you invite them. Give CamTrek a try today!

CT