DVD burner doesn't recognize blank DVDs

June 10, 2005 10:29:01 PM

On the Dell Dimension 4700, the software for copying CDs and DVDs is Sonic
Record Now Plus. I have burned CDs successfully, but when I want to copy a
home made DVD and put in a blank DVD on which to burn it, it constantly kicks
out the blank DVD, not recognizing that it's in the drive. I'm using Staples
brand blank DVDs. Does it make a difference, and why isn't the drive
recognizing that I'm putting in a blank DVD?
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 6:02:02 AM

Just a shot in the dark,

does the burner support the type of DVD you're inserting? ie: +/- ?

NOTEKY

!