New to Screen Recording...Help, Please

Hello. I want to create a demonstration (or tutorial) using screen
recording software and including sound. I downloaded a trial version
of TechSmith's Camtasia Studio
(http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/default.asp). I am starting
at the very bottom in terms of knowledge. I was hoping someone could
recommend a tutorial or book that I could use to get started.

I want to get all of the basic stuff. My machine is pretty
good(Pentium 4 3.2 GHz laptop) with no external speakers or
microphone. Are there particular speakers and microphones that you
would recommend.

Thanks,
Rob
1 answer Last reply
More about screen recording help please

    Rob R. wrote:

    > Hello. I want to create a demonstration (or tutorial) using screen
    > recording software and including sound. I downloaded a trial version
    > of TechSmith's Camtasia Studio
    > (http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/default.asp). I am starting
    > at the very bottom in terms of knowledge. I was hoping someone could
    > recommend a tutorial or book that I could use to get started.
    >
    > I want to get all of the basic stuff. My machine is pretty
    > good(Pentium 4 3.2 GHz laptop) with no external speakers or
    > microphone. Are there particular speakers and microphones that you
    > would recommend.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rob

    Logitec makes something called the Logitech® Premium USB Headset 300.
    It's a USB headset with mic. Just plug it into your USB port. The mic
    does a very very good job of recording, while keeping the quality fine,
    and not recording the background. That's on the lower end at 30 bucks..

    On the higher end there's the Sennheiser ME66 Shotgun Mic. about $400+.

    How much do you want to spend?

    -Richard.

Tuner Cards Tutorial Graphics